Contributor

Re: How early do you decorate?

@stevieb wrote:

@atm1215 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Wow this might be the silliest thread I have read on here in a long time

Glad youre getting a kick out of it! However, whats silly to you may not be to others. 

No. I'm afraid some things are not relative. There is, in fact, an objective silly factor... Decorating for Christmas in June in the absence of any bona fide reason to do so crosses that line...

Smiley Very Happy

Crosses the line? For you maybe. Not for others.

Contributor

@tiger wrote:

I don't decorate until November.  There are a couple posters here that leave their trees up year round.  Do what makes you and your family happy.  🎅🎄📯

Thanks for your kind response!  

Honored Contributor

Perish the thought of decorating before Thanksgiving.  It's bad enough they'd have us sit through 5 seemingly endless months of watching them peddle a bunch of cheap Asian-made plastic junk they laughingly refer to as "decorations". About this time of year my sporadic QVC watching becomes non-existent. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Why rush the year, I enjoy each season for what It is, I love Summer, and hate when it ends, I do not celebrate Christmas so that is a moot point for me.

If it makes you happy to decorate on July 1 then do as you wish.

@atm1215 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Wow this might be the silliest thread I have read on here in a long time

Glad youre getting a kick out of it! However, whats silly to you may not be to others. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Why not start when QVC has their first tree on the set?  For me, it happens the weekend after Thanksgiving.  If I had a real tree, it would be in mid-December.

Regular Contributor

How early I decorate depends on whether I feel like decorating for Halloween or not. If I don't do Halloween I start in October because of how busy my husband and I are and we put up 8-9 trees. Almost all of them have glass ornaments so its an event to test patience. I love Christmas and live it in some way every day of the year whether that involves planning ahead and buying things I need to use for decorating or listening to Christmas music any time of the year.

If you decorate a lot especially if you do the outside and make it a display its understandable to start early. You have to make sure everything works, untangle stuff, buy more supplies, replace bulbs, buy zip ties and cords etc

Sadly there are a lot of people that dislike Christmas and were so drilled into thinking anything on the topic of it shouldn't be until December. There are people who want to accuse stores of ruining their Christmas. Nobody can ruin Christmas for anyone but themselves. Stores don't force anyone to go out and buy stuff.

Too many people look at Christmas as a date on the calendar or a month rather than a frame of mind. Kids turn into grown ups who if they ever really carried that magic and excitement drown it out because someone tells them they need to act or think a certain way because they are a grown up. These adults lose or refuse to accept the magic of what makes Christmas so great and instead forget the very best time of the year and basically only look forward to going on vacation or a glass of alcohol as soon as they can possess one in their adult years. I see it with my peers.

So... be you... do what works for you and what makes you happy. Life is too short for ridiculous restrictions. 

Honored Contributor

And here I thought you were talking about the 4th of July.

Christmas? ... why in the world would you do that in the middle of summer?

Contributor

@Winter Holiday wrote:

How early I decorate depends on whether I feel like decorating for Halloween or not. If I don't do Halloween I start in October because of how busy my husband and I are and we put up 8-9 trees. Almost all of them have glass ornaments so its an event to test patience. I love Christmas and live it in some way every day of the year whether that involves planning ahead and buying things I need to use for decorating or listening to Christmas music any time of the year.

If you decorate a lot especially if you do the outside and make it a display its understandable to start early. You have to make sure everything works, untangle stuff, buy more supplies, replace bulbs, buy zip ties and cords etc

Sadly there are a lot of people that dislike Christmas and were so drilled into thinking anything on the topic of it shouldn't be until December. There are people who want to accuse stores of ruining their Christmas. Nobody can ruin Christmas for anyone but themselves. Stores don't force anyone to go out and buy stuff.

Too many people look at Christmas as a date on the calendar or a month rather than a frame of mind. Kids turn into grown ups who if they ever really carried that magic and excitement drown it out because someone tells them they need to act or think a certain way because they are a grown up. These adults lose or refuse to accept the magic of what makes Christmas so great and instead forget the very best time of the year and basically only look forward to going on vacation or a glass of alcohol as soon as they can possess one in their adult years. I see it with my peers.

So... be you... do what works for you and what makes you happy. Life is too short for ridiculous restrictions. 

Thank you for your kind words. 

Honored Contributor

@atm1215 wrote:

My family wants to start decorating next month and Im considering it. Does anyone decorate early for Christmas

I'm sorry you are getting such nasty responses. The holiday forum was set up so those who want to talk about any holiday at any time of year had a place to do so without being ridiculed. 

Usually the posters here are much more friendly and accepting. 

I follow more than one Facebook page that deals with Christmas and many people never undecorate and some that do start redecorating in the summer, so I don't find your post shocking at all.

I listen to Christmas music online off and on all year too, as well as visit Facebook pages dedicated to the season.

When qvc has Christmas in July, I decorate the coffee table in the family room for a short time while I enjoy the programming. 

I say do what pleases you and your family and post pictures here. Many of us would love to see them. 

Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@atm1215 wrote:

My family wants to start decorating next month and Im considering it. Does anyone decorate early for Christmas

I'm sorry you are getting such nasty responses. The holiday forum was set up so those who want to talk about any holiday at any time of year had a place to do so without being ridiculed. 

Usually the posters here are much more friendly and accepting. 

I follow more than one Facebook page that deals with Christmas and many people never undecorate and some that do start redecorating in the summer, so I don't find your post shocking at all.

I listen to Christmas music online off and on all year too, as well as visit Facebook pages dedicated to the season.

When qvc has Christmas in July, I decorate the coffee table in the family room for a short time while I enjoy the programming. 

I say do what pleases you and your family and post pictures here. Many of us would love to see them. 

Thank you so much. I usually read and dont post much. Seeing all the negative responses for asking a question in the appropriate forum is a turn off, but wont keep me from posting 😊