Contributor

My family wants to start decorating next month and Im considering it. Does anyone decorate early for Christmas?

Respected Contributor

Re: How early do you decorate?

This is a joke - right? 

Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

This is a joke - right? 

No. 

Honored Contributor

Wow this might be the silliest thread I have read on here in a long time

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Since I have an artificial tree, I decorate the week of Thanksgiving.  I would never start decorating in July.  Now I am not sure what people do that have extravagant display of lights.  I believe they need several months in advance.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Wow this might be the silliest thread I have read on here in a long time

Glad youre getting a kick out of it! However, whats silly to you may not be to others. 

Super Contributor

I usually decorate right after Thanksgiving. Is there a reason your family wants to decorate so early? What about fall decorations? I love decorating with my autumn decor and I would hate to miss out on that. 

Honored Contributor

I don't decorate until November.  There are a couple posters here that leave their trees up year round.  Do what makes you and your family happy.  🎅🎄📯

Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Since I have an artificial tree, I decorate the week of Thanksgiving.  I would never start decorating in July.  Now I am not sure what people do that have extravagant display of lights.  I believe they need several months in advance.  Cat Happy

Weve always decorated the week of Thanksgiving too. Outdoor lights usually get put up around September and not turned on until November. I guess family is feeling the Christmas spirit early! 

Honored Contributor

I decorate two weeks before Christmas. Decorations come down January 6.