Respected Contributor

Re: How does Jill rave about this?

Some of the junk you have to say only good stuff about is just ridiculous. And, it is just that sometimes - junk.

Have to laugh ... because I obviously would NOT last very long at all 😉!

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

Those key finders have been around forever!  That's the best they can come up with for Jill's show?  

Honored Contributor

@walkingal wrote:

She's doing the same thing now with the SoapRockettes.  

@walkingal, she has gone on and on about these soaps for years, they don't appeal to me, but I guess some people like them!  LOL!

Honored Contributor

Each host has their own style of selling.  Some are pretty funny because they are ordering for themselves on TV (what a joke).  Jill has her hard sell in a subtle way.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Her job is to sell stuff.  So, she sells stuff.  

Honored Contributor

I happened to click by when she was fiddling with the key finder.    She was trying to get a set of keys in a zip side pocket and back out again.   She was fumbling and struggling so much I wanted to reach into the TV and do it for her!   No one, with or without the key finder, would try to put a set of keys into a small side zip pocket.

All of our little local organic markets/cafes sell those soap rockettes.  Not the same brand but equivalent.   Very nice.    Would look nice at a sink.

Valued Contributor

I agree @loriqvc -- I love those soaps.  They are beautiful, and they smell fantastic.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Scooty

The bulk of the negative reviews are essentially the same.

The adhesive holding the decoration on can't stand up to repeated jumbling around inside a purse or pocket, and the owner jerking it loose from whatever it's caught on in there.

Clearly these are a poor choice under certain conditions.

I clip my keys to the ring outside my purse.

My 'millennial' clips them to a lanyard around her neck.

Neither gets caught.

But it would be a very poor design choice if you throw your keys inside your purse, as most people do.

Esteemed Contributor

The key finder look like something you would find at a Claires or someplace cheap.

I would never buy. Probably end up getting lost before it would be useful.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Exactly why I used to alternate between smirking and cringing whenever I'd read posts pontificating about how forthright and above-board she (or any of them) is. They're all taught early on about gilding lily to the extent needed to move the goods. It pays to be able to discern when junk is junk and not fall for the hard sell.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...