Honored Contributor

Re: How about some fall decor to share, to get ready

@hellodali,and everyone,

I still order from Peterboro Basket Co. and one of the last times I ordered I asked about Walter and they said he retired!

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/bc/4c/e0/bc4ce0f00e4dfe25443b24f850bc97b5--image-clipart-clipart-images.jpghttp://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u183/pepsipop17/HFallhead.gif

Respected Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

@hellodali,and everyone,

I still order from Peterboro Basket Co. and one of the last times I ordered I asked about Walter and they said he retired!

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/bc/4c/e0/bc4ce0f00e4dfe25443b24f850bc97b5--image-clipart-clipart-images.jpghttp://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u183/pepsipop17/HFallhead.gif

Walter!!!!!  That's his name.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you. 

After I hit "post" I knew George wasn't right, but his name just would not come to me.  Old age is not a wonderful thing.   I hope he has a happy and healthy and long retirement.  He seemed like such a nice man.

I'll have to check out their site.  I still have all the baskets I ordered and a new Fall one might be nice to have.

Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

@Mominohio  Thank you for all the beautiful pictures.  They totally inspire me to start, but I'm trying to hold off until Labor Day -- even though I do have my Kaleidoscope tree on every night.  I just love that tree!

The picture with the three baskets reminds me of QVC's Peterboro baskets.  I miss those shows.  I can't remember the gentleman's name (was it George?) who was there making the baskets in the background, but I especially loved when they interviewed him.  I'm sure he is retired by now.  

Again, thanks for posting all those wonderful pictures!

@hellodali

I still love baskets, especially for fall and winter. 

I miss Peterboro baskets on Q as well. 

If you mean the older gentleman who used to create/make the baskets on air while David sold them, his name was Walter Hood. I have a basket or two that he signed. I don't remember if they had a vendor that would sit and talk with David, I'm sure they must have.

I usually don't put my fall decor out until after Labor Day either. I love fall, but it starts my two seasons of 'lush' decor, and it is harder/more work to clean around. I get pretty light on the decor in spring and summer, to keep the inside work to a minimum while busy outside, so I put off getting fall stuff out usually until Labor Day is over. A few more weeks with less decor in the rooms!

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

Image result for fall decor

I love baskets, especially for autumn and spring decorating! And just looking at those clove-studded oranges makes me imagine that I can smell their sweet aroma filling my kitchen... Smiley Happy

@loriqvc

I try to remember to do clove studded oranges at Christmas time (actually this arrangement could easily do Christmas as well), but some year I forget until too late! 

I love baskets too. There is so much that can be done with them. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@froggy wrote:

@Mominohio

Those are all gorgeous and I'm going to save some for inspiration.

However..... I suspect you are spending entirely too much time on Pinterest! Don't you have some baking or canning to do? LOL!

@froggy

Oy! Our garden went in really late this year, and while the fruit trees are heavily laden, the fruit isn't nearly as big as last year (we had the most huge apples and pears I've ever grown in the 25 years here!!) and seem behind too. 

So no canning for me yet. Honestly not looking forward to it much this year. Wears me out! LOL

I did just spend almost 5  hours mowing though, so at least I got away from the screen for that long! LOL

Honored Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

@hellodali,and everyone,

@meallen616

They still have great prices and free shipping all the time, no minimum (at least last time I checked).

I always worry they will go out of business next. Since Longaberger went out, I worry about Peterboro. I think they are better managed, so hopefully not.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I think this shows a perfect blend of natural/rustic and bling/mercury glass.  Even if the wall was painted and not wood, it would still look nice. I love that wood wall, though.  Narrow mantels like mine can't layer like this, unfortunately.   

@Mominohio, Such inspiring pics.  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

The pictures are wonderful, my favorite is the mantel with all sorts of pumkins and leaves displayed.  I love the fall and all it represents, falling leaves, apple and pumpkin picking, cider donuts, apple cider, pumkins, fall decorations, Halloween, it all gives me such a lift and lots of motivation to be out and about!!!!!  I will savor each day.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

I think this shows a perfect blend of natural/rustic and bling/mercury glass.  Even if the wall was painted and not wood, it would still look nice. I love that wood wall, though.  Narrow mantels like mine can't layer like this, unfortunately.   

@Mominohio, Such inspiring pics.  Thank you.

You are right. I wouldn't normally think of doing this much rustic, then adding MG. It gives it a nice balance and provides some light to the arrangement

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio.  Your photos are enough to inspire one to get decorating.  Those are some beautiful arrangements and would be a joy to have and enjoy in my home.  Thanks for posting.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment