Honored Contributor

How Did Taking The Christmas DOWN Decorations Go???

I worked all day putting so many things back on the mantle then wrapping all of the great room decor and storing it.

DH desides it's not the time to take the empty tree out; but thankfully, it did go.

I'm beyond tired!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: How Did Taking The Christmas DOWN Decorations Go???

not even ready to do it yet......still all looks too beautiful to take down.

will have most of it still up for another week or two probably.

i did take down our holiday bar area though because that was too tempting every night. LOL it will make an appearance again for the superbowl.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mine went slowly, but everything that screams Christmas now is put away.  All snowmen, lanterns, etc. will stay out, be supplemented with red items for Valentine's Day and then slowly morph into Spring. I still must take down my mother's indoor and outdoor decorations. 

Trusted Contributor

Mine is still up and I am ready for it to come down. I leave tomorrow for a 10 day cruise and I did not want to start that mess. It will come down as soon as I come home.

Honored Contributor

Taking it down doesn't seem to take as long as putting it up. I still have to undecorate the living room tree. 

Honored Contributor

I was thrilled that it only took a few hours but then I decided to do the tree and outside things!  

As I boxed the tree stuff I decided to "rearrange" the contents of the containers -- took me hours🤦‍♀️.  

Now my dilemma is I'm down to 3 containers, 1 tree bag and 1 wreath bag is "finding" someone to put back up in attic the "right" way...

I can't walk in my garage ...it's driving me crazy.  Tomorrow I plan to call my handyman and hope he can do it.

Of course, I cleaned my house so now to relax because I'm exhausted🙂🙂

Respected Contributor

Taking down Christmas is easy for me, everything but the tree is stored in the same room it's displayed in...no more lugging around totes & storage bags up - down stairs. The outside lights are stored in the guest room closet with the tree. I have lots of Christmas decor & storing it this way makes decorating a pleasure, not a chore.

Honored Contributor

Not until Saturday (after the 6th) - it shouldn't take us long. Then the trees go out back to make the birdies happy for the winter!    Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

This weekend for me. Now it's time for all the snowmen!

Winter Happy Friday Friends Quote Happy Friday The 13th, Happy Friday Quotes, Saturday Quotes, Happy Weekend, Happy Saturday, Morning Quotes, Happy Day, Happy Friday Pics, Friday Sayings

Trusted Contributor

It's always sad to take everything down, but I was more than ready this year.

It took me a full day to take everything down and put it away.  I still had a few little things to remove the next day as well.  It takes my husband about a day to put away the outdoor decorations.

Although I LOVE decorating for the holidays, it's nice to have my house back to "normal."  It has been fully decorated (for fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas) since late August.  I need a rest.  lol