Honored Contributor

Re: Hoping to see CIJ holiday decor without glitter and lights

@Carol08  Come on over and we'll blast the AC and get out the throws, set a few snowmen and pinecones out and watch CIJ.  I love it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also agree---I think Valerie & QVC's home decor lines need to move away from mercury spheres, lanterns, finials, mosaics, objects that light (both battery and plugged in), Valerie doesn't need to do more flameless candles (QVC already carries Luminara, Candle Impressions, Home Reflections, and Santa Express to handle candles), also the lava figurines have run their course....

As much as I LOVE Christmas, I am trying (now I said TRYING) to reduce my Christmas inventory..my closets are overflowing with Christmas decor.....so I use discretion when purchasing any new Christmas pieces and usually donate some older pieces, that aren't special, to make room......

I AM looking for a new Christmas wreath for my front door (artificial) I have one from Valerie that I've used for quite a few years and it's starting to look a bit worn......

You ladies are wonderful, y'all really get us all in the Christmas spirit (and in a decorating mood other times of the year too)---a rather "dangerous" group---LOL Woman WinkWoman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

I will be over to join you for the CIJ shows, Lucymo!  I will bring the hot chocolate, and we can roast marshmallows over the (fake) fireplace.Smiley Wink

I am so glad that we have a forum where we can discuss Christmas, and wait for the arrival of Santa.

Honored Contributor

@Carol08  I'll be looking for you.  Hot chocolate by day, wine, cheese and snacks at night.  I think we'd better have a lot of food and drinks as these Holiday posters will be showing up too when they hear we're doing this. We usually travel around on @rosehill broom.  That's another story though.  LOL

Valued Contributor

Lucymo - All I can say is the more the merrier!  i am counting down the days until the CIJ shows.  What fun we will have!  This will be better than waking up on Christmas morning when we were children......and the best news is that we can charge our QVC purchases to Santa Claus. LOL

Honored Contributor

@Carol08  It will be a hoot for sure.  lol

Honored Contributor

I have friends who love to decorate for the holidays, who collect and collect and collect.  One home I see occasionally (friend of a friend kind of thing)has an entire room devoted to Christmas.  It's there year round. and I swear there's not an inch that isn't decorated.

I have no major collections for any holiday  and have no inention to start any.  At this point in my life, no retailers can look to me to do much to increase their sales.  I know we hear that ours is a consumer-driven economy, but I'm no longer in the driver's seat.  Someone else has that job now!

Occasional Contributor

Hello everyone! I hope you all have had a wonderful Sunday! Does anyone know what weekend CIJ will be this year? My Grandma and I can't wait to watch again!Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@nashville09 wrote:

Hello everyone! I hope you all have had a wonderful Sunday! Does anyone know what weekend CIJ will be this year? My Grandma and I can't wait to watch again!Smiley Very Happy

@nashville09

As far as I know, the days haven't been announced yet.

Last year, they had an event on the first (I believe, maybe someone remembers more than me) as well as shows throughout the month. There was a whole weekend, too, near the 25th that is the 'real' event, but they kind of made a whole month of it last year. 

Trusted Contributor

@nashville09 wrote:

@nashville09 Last year, the holiday decor shows began with a TSV on July 1 and many holiday shows were presented throughout the month.  The official Christmas In July weekend was the 3rd weekend of July.