Honored Contributor

Re: Hoping to see CIJ holiday decor without glitter and lights

@RazorSharp wrote:

Anyone know when we'll see the unofficial launch of CIJ?  Last year it started on July 1, and that's under 10 weeks from now.  I wonder if they'll start early again this year? 

What the What?!!!

I hadn't looked at the time frame, but wow, 10 weeks. Where is this year going?

Trusted Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH  Girl, I've been wondering about you as you've been MIA for too long.  I didn't think about it being a technical problem.  I really thought you didn't trust our enabling you to buy, buy and buy.  lol  We'll all be here for CIJ and lose our minds again like we have for several years, no matter what we say now.  I'm going to enlarge some pics of my way over loaded storage room and hang them just above the TV.  Worth a shot.

It's good to have you back, missed you.

Bolded above?  That's brilliant thinking, and I think it just might work.  I would get nauseated looking at photos of my "junk room".  LOL.

@SHOPR@lucymo: I think my husband would think that's a great idea too!!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

Anyone know when we'll see the unofficial launch of CIJ?  Last year it started on July 1, and that's under 10 weeks from now.  I wonder if they'll start early again this year? 

What the What?!!!

I hadn't looked at the time frame, but wow, 10 weeks. Where is this year going?

And I haven't even started planning Fourth of July celebrations!

Honored Contributor

@MTH @SHOPR  Hey, since we all have loads of micro lights we can light up the picture of our storage room(s).  Now, that has to get our attention.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

What will you all be looking for this CIJ? I've never watched, but then we don't decorate the way we once did.

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

What will you all be looking for this CIJ? I've never watched, but then we don't decorate the way we once did.

I hope to see some items that can be placed on the floor.  I've run out of space on top of my furniture, so I'd like to see larger items that I can put in various areas on the floor and in corners. Last year, VPH sold large, acrylic finials, but they didn't light up, and there were limited color choices.  I hope those come back with more options.  

Occasional Contributor

I can't wait for CIJ!!!

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@qualitygal

There is a staunch group that refuse to watch CIJ, because they find it appalling that retail starts the season so early, and I respect that. If you aren't into it, you just aren't.

But if you love home decor, and the holiday and decorating for them (or just looking at others doing it!), CIJ is so much fun.

Especially since they added this Holiday forum, we all have a place to come and chat and ramp up our excitement about the shows and the upcoming merchandise. We really have fun together, and don't have to 'offend' those who don't want to 'hear' it. It was great that Q added this forum, as it keeps the strife down during the event. 

As to your question about what some of us might be looking for, I agree that larger pieces would be good. I know I spent years buying lots of little stuff. I think it was because it was more affordable. I could spend $10 here or there.

Now I find myself overloaded with too much small, and not enough bigger statement pieces. 

I also am looking for winter, rather than 'Christmas'. I'm done with Santa and cutsey snowmen (that isn't a slam, I just have moved on since my kid grew up).  I want more organic things, evergreen, pine cones, flameless candles, and also elegant things

I want to go from having a bunch of small things in a particular space, to maybe just one, larger statement piece. 

I create vignettes all year for decor, but especially at Christmas, and Valerie is great about bringing and showing us how to take several (or more!) of her things, and pull them all together into a very finished look. That is one of the main things we all watch for, even when we don't buy. And she has been good about making sure that a lot of what she brings this year, can go back and mix and match with things from her  past offerings. I dare say, Valerie is CIJ for many of us!

We are hoping, too, that Alberti is given some Christmas and decor shows and input. Many here love his style, and we think he is being under utilized at this point.

Valued Contributor

I find that it is refreshing to watch the CIJ shows.  When the temperature is 90 degrees here, the CIJ shows are a breath of fresh, cool air.  

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

@qualitygal

There is a staunch group that refuse to watch CIJ, because they find it appalling that retail starts the season so early, and I respect that. If you aren't into it, you just aren't.

But if you love home decor, and the holiday and decorating for them (or just looking at others doing it!), CIJ is so much fun.

Especially since they added this Holiday forum, we all have a place to come and chat and ramp up our excitement about the shows and the upcoming merchandise. We really have fun together, and don't have to 'offend' those who don't want to 'hear' it. It was great that Q added this forum, as it keeps the strife down during the event. 

As to your question about what some of us might be looking for, I agree that larger pieces would be good. I know I spent years buying lots of little stuff. I think it was because it was more affordable. I could spend $10 here or there.

Now I find myself overloaded with too much small, and not enough bigger statement pieces. 

I also am looking for winter, rather than 'Christmas'. I'm done with Santa and cutsey snowmen (that isn't a slam, I just have moved on since my kid grew up).  I want more organic things, evergreen, pine cones, flameless candles, and also elegant things

I want to go from having a bunch of small things in a particular space, to maybe just one, larger statement piece. 

I create vignettes all year for decor, but especially at Christmas, and Valerie is great about bringing and showing us how to take several (or more!) of her things, and pull them all together into a very finished look. That is one of the main things we all watch for, even when we don't buy. And she has been good about making sure that a lot of what she brings this year, can go back and mix and match with things from her  past offerings. I dare say, Valerie is CIJ for many of us!

We are hoping, too, that Alberti is given some Christmas and decor shows and input. Many here love his style, and we think he is being under utilized at this point.

@Mominohio  You described us so well here on the Holiday forum.  We are a fun bunch and even if you aren't into holiday decor in July, you'll get caught up in the converations between  a lot of posters and find yourself having a pleasant time.  I love being here during that time.  I agree that we want to see Alberti do some shows, he will be so good.  Getting excited already.  lol