Honored Contributor

Homeworx by Slatkin Silvered Bamboo Candles

[ Edited ]

These silvered bamboo votive holders/candles would be perfect for me.  But it seems ambiguous as to whether the scented candles in their little glass insert, or the glass insert itself, are removable so that when finished, you can put something else in the bamboo holders.

http://www.qvc.com/HomeWorx-by-Harry-Slatkin-S2-Silvered-Bamboo-Candles.product.H213659.html?sc=SRCH

I just assumed you could remove the glass inserts when the candle itself was burned down.  However, even though it is sort of implied in the language, it is not clearly stated.

One of the reviews says flatly something like that it's too bad the inserts areen't removable.   ????

You'll see that two people have asked this question on the page-- but neither the Slatkin people nor any customers have answered it.  It's hard to imagine that you'd invest in the holders w/out being able to use again and again.

Does anybody have these and know for certain? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Homeworx by Slatkin Silvered Bamboo Candles

those are pretty

Honored Contributor

@Oznell those candles are beautiful but I agree it's a shame those questions listed have gone unanswered.  I am surprised no one from Slatkin hasn't doubled back and replied.  Bummer.

Esteemed Contributor

Have heard Harry say you freeze the container and the wax comes out easily.

That being said I have never tried it.

I probably brought 10 items with Harry's since his Q return and might be threw with candle purchases.  Prices are tad high and the quality is not there.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznellwrote:

These silvered bamboo votive holders/candles would be perfect for me.  But it seems ambiguous as to whether the scented candles in their little glass insert, or the glass insert itself, are removable so that when finished, you can put something else in the bamboo holders.

http://www.qvc.com/HomeWorx-by-Harry-Slatkin-S2-Silvered-Bamboo-Candles.product.H213659.html?sc=SRCH

I just assumed you could remove the glass inserts when the candle itself was burned down.  However, even though it is sort of implied in the language, it is not clearly stated.

One of the reviews says flatly something like that it's too bad the inserts areen't removable.   ????

You'll see that two people have asked this question on the page-- but neither the Slatkin people nor any customers have answered it.  It's hard to imagine that you'd invest in the holders w/out being able to use again and again.

Does anybody have these and know for certain? 

They are gorgeous, but the glass is not removeable.  Very high end look, for a fraction of the cost.  In my bedroom.

Edit: I had to actually check because I thought they were removable.  Again they are not, but would still recommend.

Honored Contributor

Oh, thank you, @MarkeieMark, for checking and letting me know.  @hopi's suggestion of freezing and then easily scraping out the remaining wax is a good one.  But if I did that, I wonder if a standard tea light or even a small flameless votive would fit in the glass insert...

It might be worth a try, they are so stylish and pretty...

Trusted Contributor

@Oznellwrote:

Oh, thank you, @MarkeieMark, for checking and letting me know.  @hopi's suggestion of freezing and then easily scraping out the remaining wax is a good one.  But if I did that, I wonder if a standard tea light or even a small flameless votive would fit in the glass insert...

It might be worth a try, they are so stylish and pretty...

@Oznell Oh that's a good idea, and I actually have some smaller ones!  Wish a side of my brain worked liked that. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@momtochloewrote:

@Oznell those candles are beautiful but I agree it's a shame those questions listed have gone unanswered.  I am surprised no one from Slatkin hasn't doubled back and replied.  Bummer.

@momtochloe @Oznell

There are a lot of product descriptions with unanswered questions.....to me this shows a definite failure in the TV Presentations....instead of going through fragrances and in the case of other products colors over and over and over again QVC really needs to give IMPORTANT product details!!!!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell

Not that his previous iteration of pinecones means that the bamboo ones are identical, but I found on eBay that the pinecone candles are removable.  Not the wax, of course, but the glass votive portion, which is what I think you are talking about.

Edited to add: Never mind, I see that Dotty has said she found the glass votives wouldn't come out.

HomeWorx by Harry Slatkin Set of 6 OZ Candles and Silver Pinecone  RTL$40

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Thanks, @GingerPeach.  That was kind of you to check.