Honored Contributor

Re: Homeworx by Slatkin Silvered Bamboo Candles

@Oznell  Thank you, my friend, for the kinds words!  I would never have thought about the heat method if it hadn't been for the fact I spent some nasty cold days de-potting in order to de-clutter, lol. I was looking at the holder and thought "why not?" and it worked!

I LOVE his bamboo line. I debated about getting the white one but then read that the candle is only 2 inches in depth which means...you can't store anything in it. IMHO, that is a true waste of a vessel!  

I'm stalking the small white pineapples now as I ordered the large white one. Something about a crisp white pineapple for Spring and Summer decor ...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, @SahmIam, that's hilarious, we think alike.  I've been coveting those pineapples, and yes, in the white, as well!  But I have a gilt pineapple (that is not a candle, just an "objet") that I love and display, and could not quite justify another piece of decor now after being so spendthrift lately...

When you get any of those luscious pineapples, please report immediately!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell and @SahmIam

Some years ago I bought two of these pineapple figurals of Slatkin's.  They came with candles, too, that I swapped out for flameless Candle Impression candles on timers.  Very pretty when the light flickers through the openings each evening.

I have one on each end of my fireplace mantel.  Each is about a foot high.  They were QVC item # H165200

Image result for slatkin pineapple figural

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach  Oh, those are SO lovely. I wish they were available now. Bet they look gorgeous on your mantel! : )

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach, they are so handsome!  i get a chic "midcentury" vibe from them, and can well imagine them making a distinctive statement on your mantel!

Honored Contributor

By the way, @GingerPeach and @SahmIam, and anyone else interested in those crazy silvered bamboo candles:

I've discovered another use for them when you've finished burning them.  I have several sets of Candle Impressions pillar candles, which are just under 3 inches in diameter.  If you put them "in" the bamboo holders, they sit perfectly on the top of the glass inserts.  The bamboo edges come up around the candles slightly and it looks like the bamboo holders are now very modern, chunky holders for pillar candles, in addition to all their other possiblities!!

Bliss.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

By the way, @GingerPeach and @SahmIam, and anyone else interested in those crazy silvered bamboo candles:

I've discovered another use for them when you've finished burning them.  I have several sets of Candle Impressions pillar candles, which are just under 3 inches in diameter.  If you put them "in" the bamboo holders, they sit perfectly on the top of the glass inserts.  The bamboo edges come up around the candles slightly and it looks like the bamboo holders are now very modern, chunky holders for pillar candles, in addition to all their other possiblities!!

Bliss.

I like that idea, @Oznell

Let us know if you ever try removing the glass from the bamboo holder using any of the hot water or other heat methods.  And if you do, I send you many, many happy and positive thoughts that the process will be superbly successful!   I'll also thrown in a "fingers crossed" as an extra bonus.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @GingerPeach!   It's so neat that there are so many options with them, and it was great of you all to come up with such helpful suggestions.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell

These are on clearance today.  Slatkin is on air right now.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the alert, @GingerPeach!  Gosh, I'm tempted to get more of them, at those prices-- they are so sleek.

By the way, I have yet to experiment with loosening the glue of the inserts.  Right now I have put a flameless votive in each of them.  The top of the votive is just high enough in the holder, so you can see when lit.

I just love all the possiblilities with these....