Trusted Contributor

Re: Homeworx Special Edition 3-Wick Candles

I received the harvest candles today. The pumpkin came broken...quite a bit of glass in the box. I called customer service and she said not to send back but to keep and dispose of. I am burning the fig now it's OK I would not purchase the fig again.   The pumpkin smells great but it's broken. The jars  are very heavy glass quite pretty. 

Respected Contributor

@Dawnie I'm so sorry that your Smoked Pumpkin candle was broken.  It's smells so good.  Can you save any of the wax to melt?

Trusted Contributor

Marsha,

I'm thinking the same thing!   Maybe when the fig gets empty I could stab the pumpkin with a fork and try to get it out!  Use that container. There is a lot of broken glass. What a shame.  

Respected Contributor

@Marsha2003, mine will be delivered tomorrow.  I bought this specifically for the Smoked Pumpkin.  I wonder if you lit the two together or in adjacent rooms so both scents would combine to what Harry always talks about; they are paired to be lit simultaneously.  Just a thought, I will post back when I get mine! 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

So glad you like the Smoked Pumpkin Woods, Marsha. 

This is a perfect example of why they should offer them individually. 

I know my sister loves cherry scented candles, though, so I'd definitely give her my Wild Fig if I don't want it.

Something is off more than usual with my set's transit, too, but at least mine does say Shipped LOL.  For two or more days now they've shown in transit to UPS, The shipment has been processed by the sender. Once the shipment is within the UPS network, an expected delivery date will be made available.  I know that can't be accurate and I expect them to show up at the nearest hub any minute. 

@SHOPR @TenderMercies

The only thing I can imagine with the cherry odor is those AWFUL cherry odorizers in public restrooms....ARRRGGHHH!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@BornToShop @SHOPR I look forward to hearing what you think of the fig candle.  I don't want to light mine so I can give it as a gift so I need your impressions of the scent.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marsha2003, I will gladly give my opinion.  Just so you know, I don't think I've ever had or smelled a fig or currant candle.  I can tell you what a fresh fig smells like.  :-)

Valued Contributor

I have had my pumpkin candle lit for about an hour now.  I don't think it is any special. 

Esteemed Contributor

I do not think his new addition of candles are as good as before.  The BBC CANDLES I have smell better.  I can,t notice a scent to the new candles, too faint, yet my BBW one in my bedroom smells like his older version from a couple of years ago.  DISAPPOINTED.

Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

I do not think his new addition of candles are as good as before.  The BBC CANDLES I have smell better.  I can,t notice a scent to the new candles, too faint, yet my BBW one in my bedroom smells like his older version from a couple of years ago.  DISAPPOINTED.

I just looked at the B&BW site, & it says their 3-wicks burn 25-45 hours....HUH????  I used to buy them until the quality went downhill (several years ago). At that point they burned 45-60 hours. 

If they only burn 25 hours, that isn't even worth the bother. Their scents are good, but even at sale prices, that's horrible burn time.