Valued Contributor

Homework offered 2 new Halloween candles this week, and tomorrow there will be new Harvest ones as well. So far, I’ve seen a sneak peek of 3 new scents on Facebook which include Vanilla Bean Macaron, Heirloom Orchard, and Lemon Poppy Muffin. I’m sure these are just fancy names for what will be Vanilla, Apple and Lemon scented candles. Like many of Homeworx’s recent shows, you’ll have to get up at the crack of dawn to catch either of them on air. 

Honored Contributor

I just ordered the burlap in bronze that I had wanted earlier.  It was sold out for a long time, but is now back, along with a lovely orange one as well as the silver. H216059

No free shipping, but I didn't want to take a chance on it being sold out again.

HomeWorx by Harry Slatkin 14-oz Ceramic Burlap Pumpkin Candle - H216059

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

I have been so hesitant to buy any of Harry's products this year.  There are many negative reviews on his candles sold last year.  Many on the four wick candles...no scent, wicks get drowned out etc.

I bought a pumpkin figural many years ago and loved it!! Even though the candle is long gone, the ceramic vessel still smells wonderfully!!

Has any one had a good outcome with his current candle offerings??

Honored Contributor

@corita 

I loved the Partridge in a Pear Tree but hated the Over the River and Through the Woods and returned the Woods set.  I notice the Woods scent isn't being offered any longer.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

I’m surprised he only brought back 3 of the Harvest scents from last year, especially since both Autumn Pumpkin and Autumn Bonfire never sold out and have been available to purchase since last year. I’m very glad he brought back Harvest Leaves, because that is by far his best scent. I was hoping to see Hot Cider Donut and Banana Maple Pancakes. He had so many great scents that sold out in his initial releases in the last two years. I don’t know if he’s pacing himself this year, or is he’s just not into it anymore. 

Valued Contributor

Homeworx ceramics are done beautifully. I have several of his pedestels, cookie jars, snowmen, etc. Last year I bought this pumpkin in the silver burlap and it is gorgeous. But, I am kicking myself for jumping on his big tall sea shell pedestel with pillar candle. It is very pretty but I paid $80 for it. Afraid it would sell out and now they are down to $59.

I guess I never learn because today I bought the sets of Autumn Pumpkin and Bonfire. I had them last year and I do not remember the wicks giving as much trouble as other scents. Burning those two together smelled just like his "Smoked Pumpkin" that was only offered one time. My favorite of anythng he has ever done. Just hope I do not have drowning wicks. I have found that only burning them an hour or two has helped some with that problem. No longer burn them longer than that at a time.

Valued Contributor

@nomar wrote:

Homeworx ceramics are done beautifully. I have several of his pedestels, cookie jars, snowmen, etc. Last year I bought this pumpkin in the silver burlap and it is gorgeous. But, I am kicking myself for jumping on his big tall sea shell pedestel with pillar candle. It is very pretty but I paid $80 for it. Afraid it would sell out and now they are down to $59.

I guess I never learn because today I bought the sets of Autumn Pumpkin and Bonfire. I had them last year and I do not remember the wicks giving as much trouble as other scents. Burning those two together smelled just like his "Smoked Pumpkin" that was only offered one time. My favorite of anythng he has ever done. Just hope I do not have drowning wicks. I have found that only burning them an hour or two has helped some with that problem. No longer burn them longer than that at a time.

@nomar  You are correct that the 4 wick Harvest candles that were introduced early in the season burned very well. It wasn’t until later in the season when the set of 3 chocolate truffle collection and the subsequent collections were introduced that the issue with the uneven burning and drowning wicks began. I hope you have luck with these.

I don’t actually burn his candles. I freeze them, pop out the wax, cut the wax into tarts, and use a high wattage tart warmer to heat them up. This method works wonderfully and the scent lasts forever. I have plenty of flameless candles for ambiance, so this method saves me from worrying about the burn quality.

Honored Contributor

@nomar wrote:

@nomar   If you purchased within the last two weeks or so, I would call customer service to see if you can be refunded the difference from what you paid and the sale price.  I can't remember what the cut off point for this is, but you could try.

Trusted Contributor

@GingerPeach Thank you for posting about the burlap candle. I wanted this last year and ended up ordering something else I didn't like as much. I just ordered the orange one. Almost couldn't decide between that one and the bronze but I love the copper accent on the orange. Thanks again and happy fall. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm happy with my 'as is' Partridge in a Pear Tree candles. To me, they smell great in any season.