Trusted Contributor

@AuntG Love "as is"! Love to go looking there for a great bargain. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@nomar wrote:

Homeworx ceramics are done beautifully. I have several of his pedestels, cookie jars, snowmen, etc. Last year I bought this pumpkin in the silver burlap and it is gorgeous. But, I am kicking myself for jumping on his big tall sea shell pedestel with pillar candle. It is very pretty but I paid $80 for it. Afraid it would sell out and now they are down to $59.

I guess I never learn because today I bought the sets of Autumn Pumpkin and Bonfire. I had them last year and I do not remember the wicks giving as much trouble as other scents. Burning those two together smelled just like his "Smoked Pumpkin" that was only offered one time. My favorite of anythng he has ever done. Just hope I do not have drowning wicks. I have found that only burning them an hour or two has helped some with that problem. No longer burn them longer than that at a time.

@nomar   If you purchased within the last two weeks or so, I would call customer service to see if you can be refunded the difference from what you paid and the sale price.  I can't remember what the cut off point for this is, but you could try.

Sadly I bought last spring. Some of his itiems in ceramics do sell out fast, but this one did not due to the high cost I guess. Lesson learned.

Valued Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@nomar wrote:

Homeworx ceramics are done beautifully. I have several of his pedestels, cookie jars, snowmen, etc. Last year I bought this pumpkin in the silver burlap and it is gorgeous. But, I am kicking myself for jumping on his big tall sea shell pedestel with pillar candle. It is very pretty but I paid $80 for it. Afraid it would sell out and now they are down to $59.

I guess I never learn because today I bought the sets of Autumn Pumpkin and Bonfire. I had them last year and I do not remember the wicks giving as much trouble as other scents. Burning those two together smelled just like his "Smoked Pumpkin" that was only offered one time. My favorite of anythng he has ever done. Just hope I do not have drowning wicks. I have found that only burning them an hour or two has helped some with that problem. No longer burn them longer than that at a time.

@nomar  You are correct that the 4 wick Harvest candles that were introduced early in the season burned very well. It wasn’t until later in the season when the set of 3 chocolate truffle collection and the subsequent collections were introduced that the issue with the uneven burning and drowning wicks began. I hope you have luck with these.

I don’t actually burn his candles. I freeze them, pop out the wax, cut the wax into tarts, and use a high wattage tart warmer to heat them up. This method works wonderfully and the scent lasts forever. I have plenty of flameless candles for ambiance, so this method saves me from worrying about the burn quality.

Question for you. Where or what kind of scent burner do you use for high wattage? I have several Scent burners bought at different times from home sales people and Walmart and it seems they all take a small low watt bulb. I have tried using the end pieces of his candles in them and get no scent like from the regular scents sold for warmers. Would love to burn what is left of his candles or those that have drowning wick problems in a scent burner.

Valued Contributor

c@nomar wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

@nomar wrote:

@nomar  You are correct that the 4 wick Harvest candles that were introduced early in the season burned very well. It wasn’t until later in the season when the set of 3 chocolate truffle collection and the subsequent collections were introduced that the issue with the uneven burning and drowning wicks began. I hope you have luck with these.

I don’t actually burn his candles. I freeze them, pop out the wax, cut the wax into tarts, and use a high wattage tart warmer to heat them up. This method works wonderfully and the scent lasts forever. I have plenty of flameless candles for ambiance, so this method saves me from worrying about the burn quality.

Question for you. Where or what kind of scent burner do you use for high wattage? I have several Scent burners bought at different times from home sales people and Walmart and it seems they all take a small low watt bulb. I have tried using the end pieces of his candles in them and get no scent like from the regular scents sold for warmers. Would love to burn what is left of his candles or those that have drowning wick problems in a scent burner.

@nomar  The one I use is from Amazon, and it is the Elanze Designs Black Candle Warmer Black Stoneware 2-in-1 Jar Candle and Wax Tart Oil Warmer. This does not use a lightbulb. It is basically like a hot plate that has a ceramic, removable tray that sits on the hot plate. I have one in my open concept kitchen/living area which is 40’x20’ (with 12’ ceilings) and one chunk of wax the size of a golf ball will scent the entire area for 24 hours. This amount of wax would basically equal about the depth of  a 1/4 inch of a full wax pool in one of these candles that would probably burn down in about 2 hours. In other words, you get about 12 times more bang for your buck out of the candle by cutting it up and melting portions of the wax rather than burning it.

Valued Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

c@nomar wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

@nomar wrote:

@nomar  The one I use is from Amazon, and it is the Elanze Designs Black Candle Warmer Black Stoneware 2-in-1 Jar Candle and Wax Tart Oil Warmer. This does not use a lightbulb. It is basically like a hot plate that has a ceramic, removable tray that sits on the hot plate. I have one in my open concept kitchen/living area which is 40’x20’ (with 12’ ceilings) and one chunk of wax the size of a golf ball will scent the entire area for 24 hours. This amount of wax would basically equal about the depth of  a 1/4 inch of a full wax pool in one of these candles that would probably burn down in about 2 hours. In other words, you get about 12 times more bang for your buck out of the candle by cutting it up and melting portions of the wax rather than burning it.

Thank you very much for the info. Sounds just like what I need as I kept pieces of Homeworx Smoked Pumpkin wanting to do something with them.

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

I have been so hesitant to buy any of Harry's products this year.  There are many negative reviews on his candles sold last year.  Many on the four wick candles...no scent, wicks get drowned out etc.

I bought a pumpkin figural many years ago and loved it!! Even though the candle is long gone, the ceramic vessel still smells wonderfully!!

Has any one had a good outcome with his current candle offerings??

@corita 

I purchased several sets of his Harvest and Holiday Collection and I was very pleased....even burn, no drowning wicks, good scent....There are also a couple of Floral scents I have enjoyed as well....Lotus Flower, Enchanted Peony.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@nomar wrote:

I also make his candle into tarts... what a difference in the scent.. don't get that kerosene aroma and don't have to worry about the puny/drowning wicks... I do that with most candles if I can get them on sale...