Regular Contributor

Homeworx Pineapple Hurricaine

I caved yesterday and purchased two of Harry's Pineapple Hurricanes for my mantle.  I had a time deciding between the silver and white but went with the silver since my mantle is white.  I told myself I was going to wait but I loved his pinecone candle holders i purchased on his last visit and when he said no reorder on these I got them.  Now I'm anxious to get them but will have to wait a week or so since they are an advanced order.  Did anyone else purchase?? 

Respected Contributor

Re: Homeworx Pineapple Hurricaine

I saw the presentation & thought they were so pretty but was disappointed the glass & candle weren't removed so the top of the candle holder could be seen...I didn't understand why the bag of beads were needed to hold the included candle or a different size candle in place. Hope you are pleased with yours, Enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

As a matter of fact, yes I caved too, and got two for my large dining table.

I already have the silver pine cones from Harry, and they are gorgeous, so I knew the quality.

When Harry said, these pineapples would be a couple thosand on Madison ave, I totally beleive it.  Both will be center on Beveled Glass Mirror Centerpiece by Valerie

Great purchase @aunt bea

Honored Contributor

I ordered the silver and then cancelled it.  It was too big for the spot I wanted to put it.  

Regular Contributor

His comments about the beads was a little strange, they will allow any candle to sit properly?  I will have to see that in person. 

Regular Contributor

DottyPPPPP I hope you enjoy yours also!  I can't wait for them to get here.  I was going to use them as you are but because of the size I thought they would work better for me on my mantle since there is a vaulted wall.  If you can please post a picture when you get yours and I'll try to do the same. 

Esteemed Contributor

I had not heard of this until I read it here.  What I find interesting is that schools and, hopefully, parents, are always cautioning about bullying and there are some severe penalties; yet, the bullying seems to get worse.  

I am sure that there was a fair amount of bullying when I was growing up, and I grew up in the city, but we seemed to be able to take care of the issues ourselves.  Parents and schools did not seem to get involved, because everyone else took care of it.  I wonder what makes things so different now, unless it is the internet and the permissive environment in which so many live.

I also am always concerned about food allergies, because, once again, I never knew anyone when I was growing up who had a food allergy.  Now, I always read labels if I am preparing foods for anyone.  Why children, who are very familiar with food allergies, would do this is just unimaginable.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Contributor

Hi Auntibea, I use colored sand from the art store in the bottom of my hurricanes.  Sometimes the glass on the bottom is not flat and your candles will tilt.  The sand keeps them level and I use different colors for the seasons.  It works really well.  So Harry is right, the beads will keep the candle level.  Just thought maybe this post will help some of our ladies who have problems with tilting candles. Smiley Happy 

Regular Contributor

Thank you for the information Mistyparisnicole! 

Trusted Contributor

@aunt bea Just a heads up... There are a couple reviews all ready in, and both have 1 stars.  You may want to read them.

Sadly, I cancelled my order.  Good luck.