Valued Contributor

What do you think about the Home Reflections tree?  I was really tempted to get this one.  I love the flocked version, and the size is perfect for me (7.5', 50" diameter).  I also love the idea of color-flip lights. . .but. . .the multi-color lights are pastel.  While the pastel is very pretty, I need the traditional multi with red to match my traditional decor.  Uggh!  So close!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Home Reflections Tree TSV

Fairy lights are extremely tiny.  Easy pass.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not a fan of these lighted trees as I did not have good luck in the past.  And IMO, Home Reflections is not great quality.  That said, I ended up buying an unlit tree from Balsam Hill when we downsized a couple years ago......beautiful best quality tree I've ever owned and if I have light issues I can just buy a new box!   This tree will outlast me for sure.

Valued Contributor

That's exactly what I'm gonna do @LindaSal.  Get a quality unlit tree, and you can change the lights whenever you want.  Its an extra step, but much easier to string lights on an arificial tree than a real tree.  Plus, you don't have to worry about protecting the lights when you shove it back into the storage box!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Beauty Maven 

I'm with you....Im a traditional Christmas gal and like my multi lights in traditional colors NOT pastels.....  

I got burned when I bought a Valerie snow dusted tree and it only lasted a year and a half....the lights started to go out barely into the second year it wasnt cheap either!!!!  And Valerie's team wasn't very sympathetic....they just told me ..."well buy a new light set" yep, it would great with the unlit set of lights on the tree (being sarcastic!)...😫😡

The best lighted tree I bought was a Martha Stewart from Home Depot 7.5 and you could flip the lights from the TRADITIONAL multi to white if you chose...it had the light string hidden in the pole, all the bells and whistles....excellent quality...it lasted 5 yrs! (longest of any lighted tree I've ever had) Unfortunately, Martha isnt partnering with Home Dept and going out on her own at QVC with trees but they are very expensive....Woman Sad 

...  My sister bought a gorgeous 7.5 tree at Hobby Lobby it was very full, just beautiful, but her lights went out in her first year...Im in the market for a new tree....I guess the moral is to buy an unlighted tree and even though its a pain, to string your own lights! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The way I read it was that it did have three modes that include:

• Color flips from warm white to multicolor to pastel
Valued Contributor

Oh, you're right @Krimpette !  I didn't read the description carefully enough.  It does appear to have a traditional OR pastel multi.  Thanks for the clarification!

I still went ahead and ordered an unlit green tree from Balsam Hill.  Everyone seems to rave about them, so we'll see.

Valued Contributor

I hear you @Spurt.  I have Valerie's snow-kissed tree.  Its ok, but I have to add A LOT of picks to fill in the gaps.  I like to see the actual tree, so the branches have to be good quality.  I don't like to have so many ornaments that you cant see the tree.

The Home Reflections TSV tree looks beautiful, but I'm just not going to take the chance.  The reviews from last year aren't that great, and the tree is a lot of $$.  I can't stand the thought of shlepping it to the Post Office as a return -- which I've done too many times!

Valued Contributor

Just curious @LindaSal -- which Balsam Hill tree did you get?  I just ordered the 7.5' Bellevue Spruce.  I've got my fingers crossed that It's as pretty as the picture.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Beauty Maven I got the Fraser fur 5'5" and my husband puts it on top of a wooden wine box that is 6 inches high so it gives it more height.   I am thrilled with mine and I'm sure you will love it.  I also have purchased a couple of wreaths over the last few years and I love them too!  Enjoy Smiley Happy