Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@spix wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

OK, now this makes me sad.  I just went on a hunt for "lit candy cane welcome sign" to get an idea for prices on comparable items.  I found this EXACT item at Wafair by Regency International.  Price is $219 with free s&h.

Yep, that about makes it even with VPH's

@Buck-i-Nana  and @spix...

I don't know about anyone else, but it does turn me off when I see that the 'exact' same item...whatever it is...is also sold somewhere else (besides EBay). I had always believed that the majority of VPH's pieces were of her own design/ideas.

I hope Valerie doesn't go away from having the majority of pieces she offers as being unique...not available elsewhere..

I was typing my post about my finding it sad that while it says "by Valerie" it really isn't.  I agree with you.

Valerie has indeed designed some things she has brought to Q over the years. 

But more often, she is going out and sourcing things for QVC from overseas manufacturers (sometimes partenering with other Q vendors like Berkshire), the same things that are sold other places. Sometimes Q/Valerie get a special fabric (like the clothing on her one set of carolers were 'exclusive' but the same carolers were available other places), or they get colors or certain features that aren't on others in the marketplace, but in general, she is out putting together collections and offerings that are already made.

Respected Contributor

Wow, it's apparently selling even at that excessive s&h.  Guess that easy pay does make people lose their minds!

Honored Contributor

Re: Holy S&H Batman!!

[ Edited ]

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

I was checking out the "new" items and a candy cane welcome sign caught my eye.  Then I saw the price and choked a bit, $174.98, whew.  Then I saw the S&H and lost it completely!  $59.47!!!!  Good grief.  That's just crazy

@Buck-i-Nana

Darn! Shoulda bought it yesterday, today it's $192.60 w/reduced S&H of $48.15.

As usual, I'm a day late and a dollar short! LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt money has always been an object to me.  I have my limits as to what I'll pay for anything.  But  some doesn't I guess

@lucymo  Gee, I guess we aren't all Power Ball winners.......Woman LOL  Yep, I'm with you I have to be a wise steward of my money$$$

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana @lucymo @SHOPR @Mominohio

But I still think something is wrong----why are 40" Elves weighing 19.1lbs  $24.97 for shipping, while the sign is 32" weight is 15.8lbs and shipping is $54.97........it doesn't even make sense!!!  I hope people that purchased this contact QVC's CS!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana @lucymo @SHOPR @Mominohio

But I still think something is wrong----why are 40" Elves weighing 19.1lbs  $24.97 for shipping, while the sign is 32" weight is 15.8lbs and shipping is $54.97........it doesn't even make sense!!!  I hope people that purchased this contact QVC's CS!!!

It is crazy, but I've seen similar in the past.  Last year they had all those flat fold and collapsible outdoor trees.  The really pretty one I liked that had criss-crossing ribbon from top to bottom and collapsed was almost as much in shipping charges as the price of the tree.  They collapsed down so the storage size was really compact, more compact than the flat fold Lori Grenier trees which had to be larger boxes and similar weight.  The shipping on the LG trees was in line with usual shipping.  Obviously, I didn't buy the tree, and I even lived without it! Smiley Happy