Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise - Only thing I can figure is that @Spurt is right and delivery is being handled by Santa and his magical flying reindeer!  lol.

smh.

Respected Contributor

OK, now this makes me sad.  I just went on a hunt for "lit candy cane welcome sign" to get an idea for prices on comparable items.  I found this EXACT item at Wafair by Regency International.  Price is $219 with free s&h.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

They make great teacher's gifts---buy more than one! Woman Very Happy

I guess customers where money is no object they will gladly pay whatever the cost--price is no object, but NOT ME!!!  I can find something cute at Hobby Lobby for a lot less with NO S&H required! Woman Very Happy

A recycled steel bed frame that weighs 31 lbs has a s&h of a mere $7---so how do they justify that cost for a sign 15 lbs ----AMAZING!!! 

@Spurt  and @Buck-i-Nana  I just called CS and the rep didn't think there was any oddity with the S&H price...OMG!

Someone needs to pass me some of that Kool-Aid...QUICK!  dahblink.gif

@Susan Louise  Either Kool-Aid or they must give a bonus or employee loyalty when they monitor calls---LOL!!!    Nothing odd about that shipping---SHEESH!!! A sign of the apocalypse....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

OK, now this makes me sad.  I just went on a hunt for "lit candy cane welcome sign" to get an idea for prices on comparable items.  I found this EXACT item at Wafair by Regency International.  Price is $219 with free s&h.

Yep, that about makes it even with VPH's

Honored Contributor

@spix wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana  and @spix...

I don't know about anyone else, but it does turn me off when I see that the 'exact' same item...whatever it is...is also sold somewhere else (besides EBay). I had always believed that the majority of VPH's pieces were of her own design/ideas.

I hope Valerie doesn't go away from having the majority of pieces she offers as being unique...not available elsewhere..

Respected Contributor

@spix wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

Actually, the Q price with S&H is $234.42.  A lot of states charge tax on s&h as well, so that makes the difference even larger.  What makes me sadder though is that it's labeled as a "by Valerie" item, and how she always talks about how she listens to what we all say and they take that into consideration as they design their items when it appears that she really just "curates" a collection and puts her name on them.

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@spix wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana  and @spix...

I don't know about anyone else, but it does turn me off when I see that the 'exact' same item...whatever it is...is also sold somewhere else (besides EBay). I had always believed that the majority of VPH's pieces were of her own design/ideas.

I hope Valerie doesn't go away from having the majority of pieces she offers as being unique...not available elsewhere..

I was typing my post about my finding it sad that while it says "by Valerie" it really isn't.  I agree with you.

Esteemed Contributor

I remember, a few years ago, finding several of her items on a Regency International wholesale website.  I found other wholesale sites with her exact items, too.  It was a surprise to me at first.  

Now I just know that all of it comes from a handful of manufacturers and distributors.  Some of it may be customized in some way for VPH or Jill, so that it isn't exactly what is produced for sale elsewhere.  

Honored Contributor

@Spurt money has always been an object to me.  I have my limits as to what I'll pay for anything.  But  some doesn't I guess

Honored Contributor

HL had some finials just like I have from Valerie.  They were sold individually, where she sells in sets of three. Must all buy from the same Chinese company.