Honored Contributor

@iluvacop wrote:
My post doesn't so much pertain to the cost of S&H as it does for the HUUUUGE increase in price for a very popular item QVC sells. Does anyone remember the Tiffany-style pumpkin they sold years ag? When they stopped selling it everyone talked about it wondering where they could get one or if QVC would ever sell them again. Out of curiosity, I looked to see if they carry them again (H68208) and was FLOORED at how much they are charging for them now. I think I bought mine for around $40.00 years ago. That are now charging $175.00 for them!! And no doubt the quality is not the same.

@Gerdane  I got that same one and gave it to charity a few years ago...just outgrew anything 'Halloween' and just decorate for Fall...

I don't even think it was worth the $40...LOL

Trusted Contributor

Ladies - you are too funny!!!

Just keep in mind - it's all (what I call) frosting!!!!

Those folks that have a HUGE frosting budget, I say GO FOR IT!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's cute but, the price of almost $175.00 plus s/h of $59.47 is totally overpriced!!!!  .... too much money for this item!!! 🎅🎄🎁

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

I was checking out the "new" items and a candy cane welcome sign caught my eye.  Then I saw the price and choked a bit, $174.98, whew.  Then I saw the S&H and lost it completely!  $59.47!!!!  Good grief.  That's just crazy

@Buck-i-Nana  I don't think I paid that much in total for S&H for ALL of my QVC purchases so far this year...

One would think there is a typo there...

I suggest calling CS and asking if it is a typo or not. My guess is that the VPH team was trying to enter all of the new items in so fast they goofed...

@Susan Louise - At $175 for the item alone, it's not something I would even consider picking up.  I do hope you're right though about it being a typo, but QVC has done stupid stuff like that in the past.  Perhaps they figure if you can afford that price for the item, you wouldn't bat an eye at the s&h.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@iluvacop wrote:
My post doesn't so much pertain to the cost of S&H as it does for the HUUUUGE increase in price for a very popular item QVC sells. Does anyone remember the Tiffany-style pumpkin they sold years ag? When they stopped selling it everyone talked about it wondering where they could get one or if QVC would ever sell them again. Out of curiosity, I looked to see if they carry them again (H68208) and was FLOORED at how much they are charging for them now. I think I bought mine for around $40.00 years ago. That are now charging $175.00 for them!! And no doubt the quality is not the same.

@Gerdane  I got that same one and gave it to charity a few years ago...just outgrew anything 'Halloween' and just decorate for Fall...

My mom bought this for my son when he was little for in his room. I simply turn it around backwards and use it for fall, now that he is grown. 

I love this piece and it is a very nice addition to our fall decor. I think my mom paid $50 or so back in the day (and that might have been with the shipping etc.).

Can't understand the huge price increase either.

Honored Contributor

Re: Holy S&H Batman!!

[ Edited ]

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

I was checking out the "new" items and a candy cane welcome sign caught my eye.  Then I saw the price and choked a bit, $174.98, whew.  Then I saw the S&H and lost it completely!  $59.47!!!!  Good grief.  That's just crazy

@Buck-i-Nana  WOW  Is that real diamond dust for the snow and does Santa deliver it PERSONALLY with a full team of reindeer thus accounting for the EXORBITANT S&H --- after all those magic beans to make the reindeer fly is very expensive ya know Smiley Wink

reindeer sleigh emoticon

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@iluvacop wrote:

My mom bought this for my son when he was little for in his room. I simply turn it around backwards and use it for fall, now that he is grown. 

I love this piece and it is a very nice addition to our fall decor. I think my mom paid $50 or so back in the day (and that might have been with the shipping etc.).

Can't understand the huge price increase either.

@Mominohio  I thought about turning it around for just the pumpkin look, but chose to move on and try something new. At the time, that particular Fall I added a lot of velvet pumpkins which I enjoy so much more and have been using them ever since.

Glad you still enjoy yours Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Holy S&H Batman!!

[ Edited ]

They make great teacher's gifts---buy more than one! Woman Very Happy

I guess customers where money is no object they will gladly pay whatever the cost--price is no object, but NOT ME!!!  I can find something cute at Hobby Lobby for a lot less with NO S&H required! Woman Very Happy

A recycled steel bed frame that weighs 31 lbs has a s&h of a mere $7---so how do they justify that cost for a sign 15 lbs ----AMAZING!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana  I am surprised someone didn't post on VPH's FB page about the $59+ for the S&H for that sign...seriously! LOL

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

They make great teacher's gifts---buy more than one! Woman Very Happy

I guess customers where money is no object they will gladly pay whatever the cost--price is no object, but NOT ME!!!  I can find something cute at Hobby Lobby for a lot less with NO S&H required! Woman Very Happy

A recycled steel bed frame that weighs 31 lbs has a s&h of a mere $7---so how do they justify that cost for a sign 15 lbs ----AMAZING!!! 

@Spurt  and @Buck-i-Nana  I just called CS and the rep didn't think there was any oddity with the S&H price...OMG!

Someone needs to pass me some of that Kool-Aid...QUICK!  dahblink.gif