Trusted Contributor

Re: Holidays with Jill Bauer - 10/9

[ Edited ]

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@scribe wrote:

I am amazed at the snide comments on this community page - people do have different opinions, live and let live.  It is decor, people. 

@scribe, You're right.  You're such a better person for coming here and shaking your finger in judgement at everyone.  Congrats. 

Gosh, maybe you need another cup of coffee.

I'm fine, thanks @Buck-i-Nana.  I just don't think it's necessary to come into a forum and cast judgement on people for making legitimate criticisms.  I do recognize that being blunt and honest can sometimes come across as snarky or snide, but judging others for being honest does not make you a better person, and it certainly does nothing to move the conversation forward. 

No one is making personal attacks on Jill.  Professional criticisms, yes, but we are allowed to critique the products and the methods that are used to sell them, particularly when those methods are proven to be dishonest.

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

my guess would be she doesn't want Valerie's help,  wants to bring in her own stuff and decide what her own stuff will be.  Valerie and jill don't  really have the same taste in decor . Lisa and valerie were more compatible in taste. 

Actually, Jill collaborated with Valerie and her team on a number of the items shown last night.

After reading a couple of posts that seem to be snarking at Jill about this, and then nobody posting otherwise, I felt it was important to share this info.  I found it a nice change to have the host actually give/share credit for the products shown.

@Buck-i-Nana, I personally cannot give Jill any props for "creating" the items with VPH, because Jill has been dishonest about her "creations" in the past.  For example, watch the first 20 seconds of the product video for H205839 where she claims to have created the angels with instruments, then google "Gump's Porcelain Angels with Instruments" (which were around before Jill's).  

Jill sees something she likes, modifies it slightly (as is the case with the smaller wings and the addition of the glitter), and calls it her own creation.  I don't know if calling someone out on being a liar is "snarky," but it sounds like a pretty fun word, and in this instance, I'm happy to own it.

Isn't that exactly what LR did as well?  How is it one host gets all the pats on the back and people still long for her presence and designs and another host gets called a liar?

@Buck-i-Nana, I don't recall Lisa ever saying she designed or created anything.  Valerie has also backed off recently in pretending like she actually creates and designs her offerings.  She says "I'm so happy we could bring this to you."  However, Jill is always saying she designs products, and how she and Valerie sit around in Valerie's workshop (where's that, Shanghai?) with hot glue guns surrounded by beaded fruit, pincecones, and gingerbread houses.  Has anyone seen a photo of this place?

@PeterDM  Next time @rosehill flys by to pick us up we'll see if she'll take us to this "designing studio"  where all of these items are created.  How about that?  LOL

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

my guess would be she doesn't want Valerie's help,  wants to bring in her own stuff and decide what her own stuff will be.  Valerie and jill don't  really have the same taste in decor . Lisa and valerie were more compatible in taste. 

Actually, Jill collaborated with Valerie and her team on a number of the items shown last night.

After reading a couple of posts that seem to be snarking at Jill about this, and then nobody posting otherwise, I felt it was important to share this info.  I found it a nice change to have the host actually give/share credit for the products shown.

@Buck-i-Nana, I personally cannot give Jill any props for "creating" the items with VPH, because Jill has been dishonest about her "creations" in the past.  For example, watch the first 20 seconds of the product video for H205839 where she claims to have created the angels with instruments, then google "Gump's Porcelain Angels with Instruments" (which were around before Jill's).  

Jill sees something she likes, modifies it slightly (as is the case with the smaller wings and the addition of the glitter), and calls it her own creation.  I don't know if calling someone out on being a liar is "snarky," but it sounds like a pretty fun word, and in this instance, I'm happy to own it.

Isn't that exactly what LR did as well?  How is it one host gets all the pats on the back and people still long for her presence and designs and another host gets called a liar?

@Buck-i-Nana, I don't recall Lisa ever saying she designed or created anything.  Valerie has also backed off recently in pretending like she actually creates and designs her offerings.  She says "I'm so happy we could bring this to you."  However, Jill is always saying she designs products, and how she and Valerie sit around in Valerie's workshop (where's that, Shanghai?) with hot glue guns surrounded by beaded fruit, pincecones, and gingerbread houses.  Has anyone seen a photo of this place?

@PeterDM  Next time @rosehill flys by to pick us up we'll see if she'll take us to this "designing studio"  where all of these items are created.  How about that?  LOL

@lucymo, I'm up for it!  Maybe it's like the Hershey factory, and they give away free samples at the end of the tour. Three words:  Free Kissing Balls!

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@lucymo, I'm up for it!  Maybe it's like the Hershey factory, and they give away free samples at the end of the tour. Three words:  Free Kissing Balls!

@PeterDM  Oh, did Jill design the kissing balls too?  Free samples?   Oh, boy, now I'm excited!  @rosehill, we need to move sooner than we planned, needing to get to that 'place' where all these 'new creations' are born.  Oh, and you won't need the kissing ball samples because I'm sending the greenery from the tops of my bells for you to 'create' a new line of kissing balls.  Then you can come on the forum and brag about your design.  See how that works?  lol

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

I watched most of Jill's show and was also surprised at how many of the items had already been shown on past shows.  I agree...a debut show should have debut items!!  Also, I thought she was spending way too much time on each item. I kept changing channels and then going back, but oops...still the same presentation on same product.

I do have to say though, I don' t think Jill is trying to be another holiday Lisa!  Her decor style and presentation skills are totally different than Lisa's.  And I have always enjoyed Jill's  shows. I also have to say, I never bought any holiday decor item from Lisa, as her style was just not my style!!  I am much more red and green, gingham checks, green tree, hand made items, old time decorations.  No silver and blue feathers or leaves for me!!

@corita  Hi CORITA!   I bet your home is beautiful. I'm also more of a traditionalist---more vintage, red and green Christmas decorator too.....But I like to take some bits and pieces of the winter theme and woodsy part from the glamour style and incoporate a bit of that in my decor too.... My kitchen is more woodsy with snowmen, snowflakes and woodland critters.....And the small tree in my bedrom is done with silver angels, silver garland and white lights......I enjoy seeing different styles, but no blue feathers for me either----my cats would destroy thm in about 10 seconds---LOL!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@PeterDM  Oh, did Jill design the kissing balls too?  Free samples?   Oh, boy, now I'm excited!  @rosehill, we need to move sooner than we planned, needing to get to that 'place' where all these 'new creations' are born.  Oh, and you won't need the kissing ball samples because I'm sending the greenery from the tops of my bells for you to 'create' a new line of kissing balls.  Then you can come on the forum and brag about your design.  See how that works?  lol

Oh my gosh, you're killing me here @lucymo.  I can't stop laughing.  I'm going to take those greens, and make a halo for myself in my "crafting atelier." 

Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I did catch a bit of HOLIDAYS WITH JILL BAUER --im my opinion a boring show---SO DISAPPOINTED!!!!  The leftover garlands from past shows (the wreath had already sold out) but I'm not into sugared fruit either......Candles she showed before that apparently did NOT sell out....It was like watching a rerun of YHJ --the same old things---always a bedding item--the nordiac themed down or no down bed spread----Ornaments that looked like they came from the dollar store only at much higher prices.....A system to remove pain (really), MORE holiday drawstring gift bags---SHEESH--ENOUGH ALREADY--I don't care what design you put on them we've been bombarded with their presentations--There was  Home Reflections TSV from last year. And the piesta resistance----the item that was supposed to excite us (emphasis on SUPPOSED TO) the GLITTERING ICED GRADUATED DECORATIVE TREES---not a fan!  Sorry this show in no way replaced Lisa's Holiday Shows---with the beautiful sets she had, and a variety of many new and different Christmas items ....SIGH!!!..And this was the PREMIERE of the miniseries......REALLY QVC!!!!  

@Spurt

I don't mind Jill doing her own thing, but......last night, it was such an odd mish-mash of items. Nothing seemed to coordinate on the set. The white tree was pretty, but then someone hung large, light pink poinsettias on the top 1/3 which covered any of the pastel ornaments she was trying to show. Then over on the hearth/mantle was green greenery with the fruits and such. Over on the bed was a totally different designs of bedding; the blanket was red, but it was totally different staging. At least, Lisa had everything that coordinated together to give the whole look, regardless of the type of room.

I knew it was going to be gifts with a few decor, but that could have just shown on a regular stage with the Christmas tree in the back.  Items presented were not stage at their best to sell. It looked like it was all thrown together at the last minute. This is not a reflection of my opinion on Jill, she might have had no say (well, I'd like to think that).  

Lisa's items showed much sharper and flowed.

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

I watched most of Jill's show and was also surprised at how many of the items had already been shown on past shows.  I agree...a debut show should have debut items!!  Also, I thought she was spending way too much time on each item. I kept changing channels and then going back, but oops...still the same presentation on same product.

I do have to say though, I don' t think Jill is trying to be another holiday Lisa!  Her decor style and presentation skills are totally different than Lisa's.  And I have always enjoyed Jill's  shows. I also have to say, I never bought any holiday decor item from Lisa, as her style was just not my style!!  I am much more red and green, gingham checks, green tree, hand made items, old time decorations.  No silver and blue feathers or leaves for me!!

@corita  I enjoyed reading your post.  I agree that we all like different styles and that's what makes life interesting.  I am more the style of Lisa Robertson's items and totally enjoyed the decor on the sets and her way of presenting the merchandise.  I used to do the red and green and loved the Christmas plaid ribbons and baskets of pinecones, Santas and sleighs of red and green, multi color lights, etc.  I just decided I needed a change several years ago and I do a more modern elegant  style now.  But, I would love your decor as well.  I do still like to tuck in a snowman here and there.  Who doesn't love a snowman.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@lucymo wrote:
Jill Bauer QVC I don't think it's coming back...you'd be better asking Valerie on her FB page as she was the vendor behind Lisa's products.

Someone asked Jill if the Bay Leaf picks were coming back this year and this is her answer above.  So, I guess we should direct our questions to Valerie on her FB page.

Thanks for posting this @lucymo.  I had seen this earlier this week on her page.  Too bad Valerie isn't the the vendor for Jill's products. I wonder if that's because Jill wants to bring stuff in on her own, or if Valeirie didn't want to help out.

@PeterDM  I'll probably get bashed for saying this but I just don't think Jill is the right host to present  merchandise like LR brought us. Also, I think you are right, Jill wants to do her own designing and presenting. If we can just get some new decor now in the more modern elegant style I'll be a happy watcher and shopper, I'm sure.

@lucymo  ITA Lucy!!!  I think Jill should stick with YHJ Shows and let QVC choose someone else for a different style home decor show....some folks suggested Alberti who seems to post some nice decor on his FB Page.....

@Spurt  I think Alberti would be great.  He has a certain sophistication about him that would work well with the higher end  merchandise.  Also, I like some of the pics that he's posted of his home too.  Maybe next year.

Valued Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

I'll add on to this. Jill does give Valerie credit. How many times have I heard from Jill about sitting on the floor of Valerie's studio and creating things like greens and garland, etc. That's fine, but I don't think Valerie creates everything either. I have 3 large angels on sticks from Costco, exactly the same thing I saw Valerie brought later on that year, but only a pair.

Lisa used to talk about how Valerie showed her the way into finding the right decorations that first year of her holiday decor shows. And she credited Valerie and the team for creating the stage settings.

I just hope Valerie didn't have a hand in last night's staging.