Honored Contributor

Re: Holidays with Jill Bauer - 10/9

[ Edited ]

@PeterDM wrote:

@10000Nicknames wrote:

Criticizing a show that hasn't even aired yet. Nice. 

I think it's a fair enough criticism to point out that she is selling old products on the debut of a brand new show.

It is, I agree. But let's face it, QVC hasn't done anything truly innovative for Christmas in years. The closest they've come was the past few years when they had Lisa offering an alternative to more traditional decor.

I don't like Jill, so knew I wouldn't be watching her show anyway, but suspected it would be nothing more than QVC's typical approach of featuring retread products and sticking a new name on yet another 'generic' holiday/gift show... That's precisely what they've done. Looking on line at the product mix, the show was truly uninspired and was nothing more than yet another ''home with" experience. The only things lacking were the ever-present throw and poo pourri...  

Going forward, they might include an evening or two of more glamorous, niche focused holiday decor, but Bauer has already said her style is not Lisa's, (not, of course, that we needed her to point that out) so I wouldn't bet the ranch that this 'miniseries' (ridiculous...) is going to be anything inspired. As was discussed on another thread, it really is too bad that QVC didn't find another host, Alberti's name came up a number of times, to host a short series of shows that would continue the 'look'  Lisa's shows offered over the past few years. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

I thought at one time Jill had implied the white items would be on the 16th.  If it isn't shown soon I'm no longer interested in any of it.  I'm about finished with buying Christmas decor anyway and then I buy gifts locally.  I think they are just purposely doing this to keep people watching each week and maybe buying something.  A sales tactic, IMO.  I'm looking at the Polar Bears on GR now, I really like them. 

@lucymo

It probably was scheduled for Oct 16, but there is no show for that day now,  because Jill is taking off the weekend for her anniversary.  That's what I heard on the show last night.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nomore wrote:

Thanks, PeterDM!

i've tried many times to get qvc emails, but nothing works, including resetting preferences. 

I was hoping there would be more new items since Alberti mentioned a recent preview event.  Redundancy in decor has started in the last shows.  Thank goodness those huge ornaments with figures holding them (tsv last year) finally went to LTS awhile ago.

Isn't that the truth. I used to get them quite some time ago and then they stopped. I called CS and they said it was because of one of the many 'upgrades' to the website. They said they'd sign me up again. Never happened. Just a week or so ago I expressed disappointment on another thread about not getting them, so 'magically' received a sign up for them, which I completed. Guess what, I'm still not getting them... In this case, I don't care because I wouldn't have watched Jill anyway. I was more interested in previews of 'special' (to the extent QVC actually ever does anything special...) events.

Honored Contributor

@Nomore wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

I thought at one time Jill had implied the white items would be on the 16th.  If it isn't shown soon I'm no longer interested in any of it.  I'm about finished with buying Christmas decor anyway and then I buy gifts locally.  I think they are just purposely doing this to keep people watching each week and maybe buying something.  A sales tactic, IMO.  I'm looking at the Polar Bears on GR now, I really like them. 

@lucymo

It probably was scheduled for Oct 16, but there is no show for that day now,  because Jill is taking off the weekend for her anniversary.  That's what I heard on the show last night.

And of course no one else could have done that show in her stead... Really QVC?

Honored Contributor

@Nomore wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo

@Nomore  Thanks, she probably told that when i was naping.  LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did catch a bit of HOLIDAYS WITH JILL BAUER --im my opinion a boring show---SO DISAPPOINTED!!!!  The leftover garlands from past shows (the wreath had already sold out) but I'm not into sugared fruit either......Candles she showed before that apparently did NOT sell out....It was like watching a rerun of YHJ --the same old things---always a bedding item--the nordiac themed down or no down bed spread----Ornaments that looked like they came from the dollar store only at much higher prices.....A system to remove pain (really), MORE holiday drawstring gift bags---SHEESH--ENOUGH ALREADY--I don't care what design you put on them we've been bombarded with their presentations--There was  Home Reflections TSV from last year. And the piesta resistance----the item that was supposed to excite us (emphasis on SUPPOSED TO) the GLITTERING ICED GRADUATED DECORATIVE TREES---not a fan!  Sorry this show in no way replaced Lisa's Holiday Shows---with the beautiful sets she had, and a variety of many new and different Christmas items ....SIGH!!!..And this was the PREMIERE of the miniseries......REALLY QVC!!!!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Yes, Sunday, October 18 is Jill's 12th wedding anniversary.  I imagine she and her husband are going out of town for the weekend to celebrate.  If not, I'm not sure why she wouldn't be able to do the Friday night show.

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

This afternoon I received an email with a preview for the 10/9 debut of Holidays with Jill Bauer.  I heard that it was going to be a gifts show, so I wasn't keeping my hopes up for any new decor offerings.  I was surprised, however, that most, if not all of the offerings on the show are old news, too.  It seems like quite an uninspired and lackluster way to debut a new show.  Does Jill Bauer have the leverage and connections to access the products which are necessary to successfully pull off this kind of show?  If so, why is she choosing to saunter, rather than storm, out of the gate?  I think she is going to have to boost her game if she wants to match the impression left by the former hostess who reigned over the Friday night holiday shows.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BTW, PeterDM I got an email too!!!

Aren't you being a little harsh on Jill???   Jill is more "down home" than "glamorous" which is more my lifestyle and I think others as well!  Smiley Happy

@Hooty  Personally, I don't think the show should be what Jill likes or what her style is, it's what QVC's home decor customer base likes----And I think more of a variety of different styles would please more customers and make more sales for QVC---JMHO.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

my guess would be she doesn't want Valerie's help,  wants to bring in her own stuff and decide what her own stuff will be.  Valerie and jill don't  really have the same taste in decor . Lisa and valerie were more compatible in taste. 

Actually, Jill collaborated with Valerie and her team on a number of the items shown last night.

After reading a couple of posts that seem to be snarking at Jill about this, and then nobody posting otherwise, I felt it was important to share this info.  I found it a nice change to have the host actually give/share credit for the products shown.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PeterDM wrote:

@10000Nicknames wrote:

Criticizing a show that hasn't even aired yet. Nice. 

I think it's a fair enough criticism to point out that she is selling old products on the debut of a brand new show.

@PeterDM  I think your comments were fair, after all if QVC choses to post what will be on the show,  and if it's the same stuff we've seen several times, then customers can comment on it....the only thing new and different was the dress Jill wore!!! 

One thing I liked about Lisa's Holiday Shows is that she always had new and different merchandise......and just seeing the sets were an inspiration....If QVC is calling Jill's Shows a "miniseries" then I want to see something special, not  more leftovers---why did they even bother except maybe to clear out the warehouse!