Honored Contributor

Re: Holidays with Jill Bauer - 10/9

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@lucymo wrote:
Jill Bauer QVC I don't think it's coming back...you'd be better asking Valerie on her FB page as she was the vendor behind Lisa's products.

Someone asked Jill if the Bay Leaf picks were coming back this year and this is her answer above.  So, I guess we should direct our questions to Valerie on her FB page.

Thanks for posting this @lucymo.  I had seen this earlier this week on her page.  Too bad Valerie isn't the the vendor for Jill's products. I wonder if that's because Jill wants to bring stuff in on her own, or if Valeirie didn't want to help out.

@PeterDM  I'll probably get bashed for saying this but I just don't think Jill is the right host to present  merchandise like LR brought us. Also, I think you are right, Jill wants to do her own designing and presenting. If we can just get some new decor now in the more modern elegant style I'll be a happy watcher and shopper, I'm sure.

@lucymo  ITA Lucy!!!  I think Jill should stick with YHJ Shows and let QVC choose someone else for a different style home decor show....some folks suggested Alberti who seems to post some nice decor on his FB Page.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched most of Jill's show and was also surprised at how many of the items had already been shown on past shows.  I agree...a debut show should have debut items!!  Also, I thought she was spending way too much time on each item. I kept changing channels and then going back, but oops...still the same presentation on same product.

I do have to say though, I don' t think Jill is trying to be another holiday Lisa!  Her decor style and presentation skills are totally different than Lisa's.  And I have always enjoyed Jill's  shows. I also have to say, I never bought any holiday decor item from Lisa, as her style was just not my style!!  I am much more red and green, gingham checks, green tree, hand made items, old time decorations.  No silver and blue feathers or leaves for me!!

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

Backstage getting ready for 9pm and, although I KNOW it's a gift show, I was able to add a few décor items for my YHJ girls… here’s a peek at one… http://qvc.co/GradGlitterIceTrees …stop back at 6:30 and 7:30 for 2 more!!! See you soon! smile emoticon

Interesting...it good she's realizing that she needs to step it up.  I still think H203513 are nicer.  These look dull grey.  She'd be smart to debut the sleigh tonight...

@PeterDM  These are made to compliment  the icy  picks so I'm assuming that's the color, Icy.  I won't be getting them as I have LR's from last year.

I see how they could match the picks, @lucymo.  I have the white LR trees from last year, and I would probably go for the silver version of those before purchasing these.  These look dull to me.

I have three colors in LR's trees @PeterDM, champagne and two sets of white.  I have enough trees unless I buy a larger house and that's unlikely.  I am not interested in this one but posters on Jill's FB page seem to be.  They do look dull, no sparkle showing in this picture.  Maybe the stage lights will show more shine.

I'm disappointed in these.  They look like they're made of dryer lint.

@PeterDM---dryer lint---LOL!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

my guess would be she doesn't want Valerie's help,  wants to bring in her own stuff and decide what her own stuff will be.  Valerie and jill don't  really have the same taste in decor . Lisa and valerie were more compatible in taste. 

Actually, Jill collaborated with Valerie and her team on a number of the items shown last night.

After reading a couple of posts that seem to be snarking at Jill about this, and then nobody posting otherwise, I felt it was important to share this info.  I found it a nice change to have the host actually give/share credit for the products shown.

@Buck-i-Nana, I personally cannot give Jill any props for "creating" the items with VPH, because Jill has been dishonest about her "creations" in the past.  For example, watch the first 20 seconds of the product video for H205839 where she claims to have created the angels with instruments, then google "Gump's Porcelain Angels with Instruments" (which were around before Jill's).  

Jill sees something she likes, modifies it slightly (as is the case with the smaller wings and the addition of the glitter), and calls it her own creation.  I don't know if calling someone out on being a liar is "snarky," but it sounds like a pretty fun word, and in this instance, I'm happy to own it.

Occasional Contributor

I am amazed at the snide comments on this community page - people do have different opinions, live and let live.  It is decor, people. 

Trusted Contributor

@scribe wrote:

I am amazed at the snide comments on this community page - people do have different opinions, live and let live.  It is decor, people. 

@scribe, You're right.  You're such a better person for coming here and shaking your finger in judgement at everyone.  Congrats. 

Respected Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

my guess would be she doesn't want Valerie's help,  wants to bring in her own stuff and decide what her own stuff will be.  Valerie and jill don't  really have the same taste in decor . Lisa and valerie were more compatible in taste. 

Actually, Jill collaborated with Valerie and her team on a number of the items shown last night.

After reading a couple of posts that seem to be snarking at Jill about this, and then nobody posting otherwise, I felt it was important to share this info.  I found it a nice change to have the host actually give/share credit for the products shown.

@Buck-i-Nana, I personally cannot give Jill any props for "creating" the items with VPH, because Jill has been dishonest about her "creations" in the past.  For example, watch the first 20 seconds of the product video for H205839 where she claims to have created the angels with instruments, then google "Gump's Porcelain Angels with Instruments" (which were around before Jill's).  

Jill sees something she likes, modifies it slightly (as is the case with the smaller wings and the addition of the glitter), and calls it her own creation.  I don't know if calling someone out on being a liar is "snarky," but it sounds like a pretty fun word, and in this instance, I'm happy to own it.

Isn't that exactly what LR did as well?  How is it one host gets all the pats on the back and people still long for her presence and designs and another host gets called a liar?

Respected Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@scribe wrote:

@scribe, You're right.  You're such a better person for coming here and shaking your finger in judgement at everyone.  Congrats. 

Gosh, maybe you need another cup of coffee.

Trusted Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

Isn't that exactly what LR did as well?  How is it one host gets all the pats on the back and people still long for her presence and designs and another host gets called a liar?

@Buck-i-Nana, I don't recall Lisa ever saying she designed or created anything.  Valerie has also backed off recently in pretending like she actually creates and designs her offerings.  She says "I'm so happy we could bring this to you."  However, Jill is always saying she designs products, and how she and Valerie sit around in Valerie's workshop (where's that, Shanghai?) with hot glue guns surrounded by beaded fruit, pincecones, and gingerbread houses.  Has anyone seen a photo of this place?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PeterDM wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@PeterDM  One of the things that just turns me off is someone who constantly pats themselves on the back. One show Jill admitted she saw this rug in a catalog and asked QVC to QVCize it and then suddenly she is the designer/creator.....And you think we should be watching a very special show after talking about how much went into planning the show, collaborted effort with this vendor and that vendor to bring something special to the show (yet it seems to be the same merchandise)  A big  turning point for me is when she "designed" a Christmas tree with a vendor and named it after her son!!!!. Now that was a bit over the top!.........This isn't The Martha Stewart Show---it's QVC-- a Shopping Channel and she's a sales person.  I appreciate the fact she wants to put some extra effort into her shows--but it seems it's more about self congratulations than it is about bringing in new and unique merchandise. It's more about HER than the CUSTOMER.

The difference with Lisa, is I think she just wanted to find new things to make her shows special.  With Lisa (and Valerie) it was more of --- this is how I used this particular product in decorating---it was more about the decorating and she always gave credit to Valerie and her team for their hard work for decorating the sets on the show....