Honored Contributor

Re: Holidays with Jill Bauer - 10/23

@BabyYoda wrote:

@lucymo not sure if I missed it but did you receive your gold sleigh? Do you like it? I just scrubbed off most of the silver glitter on my silver sleigh. I went to the backyard this morning and took as much as I could off. I like the way it looks now. Now my grass has glitter in one area. 

@BabyYoda  I did receive the gold sleigh and love the warm antiqued gold color but hate the silver glitter they put on it in blotches.  I'm still debating about keeping or sending back.  If I keep I'll take off all the glitter that I can and try to cover what I can't.  Did they use silver glitter on the silver sleigh too?  I figured they would put gold on the silver since they used silver on the gold. They have really bummed me out with all the glitter overload.  Glad you are liking yours now.  I'm getting the Bethlehem Lights sleigh on Tuesday.  It has taken a long time to ship and travel.  Hope I like it.

Respected Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@lucymo not sure if I missed it but did you receive your gold sleigh? Do you like it? I just scrubbed off most of the silver glitter on my silver sleigh. I went to the backyard this morning and took as much as I could off. I like the way it looks now. Now my grass has glitter in one area. 

@BabyYoda  I did receive the gold sleigh and love the warm antiqued gold color but hate the silver glitter they put on it in blotches.  I'm still debating about keeping or sending back.  If I keep I'll take off all the glitter that I can and try to cover what I can't.  Did they use silver glitter on the silver sleigh too?  I figured they would put gold on the silver since they used silver on the gold. They have really bummed me out with all the glitter overload.  Glad you are liking yours now.  I'm getting the Bethlehem Lights sleigh on Tuesday.  It has taken a long time to ship and travel.  Hope I like it.

@lucymo They used silver glitter on the silver sleigh. I like it but it was too much and overkill on mine and so messy. I had glitter all over my hands today. I looked at the BL sleigh and it looks very pretty. Hope you like it. I can understand you may return the gold sleigh. I think they should have used gold glitter on it or just not use glitter at all. They don't need any glitter.

All I see is glitter in the stores for this years Christmas decorations. I went out with a friend shopping yesterday and all we saw was glittered items everywhere. Pier1 is a disappointment for me this year. We walked out of the store with glitter all over us and our clothes. They workmanship is poor on items such as you can see glue on the fur on their fur reindeers and things were made crooked. 

Honored Contributor

@BabyYoda wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@lucymo They used silver glitter on the silver sleigh. I like it but it was too much and overkill on mine and so messy. I had glitter all over my hands today. I looked at the BL sleigh and it looks very pretty. Hope you like it. I can understand you may return the gold sleigh. I think they should have used gold glitter on it or just not use glitter at all. They don't need any glitter.

All I see is glitter in the stores for this years Christmas decorations. I went out with a friend shopping yesterday and all we saw was glittered items everywhere. Pier1 is a disappointment for me this year. We walked out of the store with glitter all over us and our clothes. They workmanship is poor on items such as you can see glue on the fur on their fur reindeers and things were made crooked. 

@BabyYoda wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@BabyYoda  I wonder if we should learn to do with what we have  instead of buying all those glittered items out there in the market places.  I don't think the BL sleigh is glittered, wasn't mentioned but sometimes they fail to say.  @glorybe  has already received the BL one and she's happy with hers so I'm encouraged by that.  I'm finished buying for this year as soon as I receive the items that I have ordered on here, some of that is for my Gdaughter as she's just starting to decorate for holidays.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

Hi, @Just Plain Crazy.  Glad you're feeling better.  No, the FDC trees that I ordered are dark green sisal with white frosted tips, and no glitter whatsoever.  It may depend on which specific tree you order, though.  The ones I have come in 12", 10" and 8" tall.  

Frosted Green Bottle Brush Tree

#2513353, 2513354, and 2513355.

@SHOPR..I was about to order those three trees SHOPR when Valeries came into the system.  I had ordered hers from a couple years ago and then the sensible side of me told me to cancel the order cause I didn't "need" them so i cancelled and have kicked myself ever since so was so happy when she got another set in. Don't know if the onces that time had glitter in them or not.

JPC

H201110, the original set of 7, seems to have had glitter, too, @Just Plain Crazy.  But it could be that most people loved them and also love the new set because theirs have only a light or moderate amount of glitter.  My set seems to have been smothered with it.  It could be just one of those inconsistencies that happens during manufacture.  

I hope you've felt like opening all of your recent YHJ arrivals.

I haven't bought any Jim Shore items in a year or two, maybe more.  I didn't know about them having glitter now.  I don't think I'd be happy about that either.  I do know that when I unpacked my Fall decorations this year, seeing this piece again put a smile on my face.  It's still my favorite, I think.  This is someone else's image off the internet:

Trusted Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

Hi, @Just Plain Crazy.  Glad you're feeling better.  No, the FDC trees that I ordered are dark green sisal with white frosted tips, and no glitter whatsoever.  It may depend on which specific tree you order, though.  The ones I have come in 12", 10" and 8" tall.  

Frosted Green Bottle Brush Tree

#2513353, 2513354, and 2513355.

@SHOPR..I was about to order those three trees SHOPR when Valeries came into the system.  I had ordered hers from a couple years ago and then the sensible side of me told me to cancel the order cause I didn't "need" them so i cancelled and have kicked myself ever since so was so happy when she got another set in. Don't know if the onces that time had glitter in them or not.

JPC

H201110, the original set of 7, seems to have had glitter, too, @Just Plain Crazy.  But it could be that most people loved them and also love the new set because theirs have only a light or moderate amount of glitter.  My set seems to have been smothered with it.  It could be just one of those inconsistencies that happens during manufacture.  

I hope you've felt like opening all of your recent YHJ arrivals.

I haven't bought any Jim Shore items in a year or two, maybe more.  I didn't know about them having glitter now.  I don't think I'd be happy about that either.  I do know that when I unpacked my Fall decorations this year, seeing this piece again put a smile on my face.  It's still my favorite, I think.  This is someone else's image off the internet:

@SHOPR...Love that JS piece SHOPR.  I can see why you would smile when you took it out of the box.  I think I remember when that one was presented.  

Boy, this procedure has been a lot harder on me than the one 4 weeks ago.  I bounced right back from that one and the next day, you'd not have known I had anything done except for the restrictions put on me.   Not this time but this was a more involved procedure.  I am real tired and have been running a low temp with it.  Keep thinking today is the day that I will feel like running races.  Have not opened my boxes yet.  Need to get that done.

JPC

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@SHOPR...Love that JS piece SHOPR.  I can see why you would smile when you took it out of the box.  I think I remember when that one was presented.  

Boy, this procedure has been a lot harder on me than the one 4 weeks ago.  I bounced right back from that one and the next day, you'd not have known I had anything done except for the restrictions put on me.   Not this time but this was a more involved procedure.  I am real tired and have been running a low temp with it.  Keep thinking today is the day that I will feel like running races.  Have not opened my boxes yet.  Need to get that done.

JPC

@Just Plain Crazy, The boxes will be there, so no real hurry.  It's probably best to pay attention to your body, and it will let you know what you can handle.   I think JS made several different pieces like this cornucopia.  It is so highly detailed and I really love it. 

Take Care.

Super Contributor