Respected Contributor

Re: Holidays started good then.....end up in hospital

Yikes! That’s awful. Hope you’re doing better.
Honored Contributor

I got an e-mail from a friend that said her whole extended family got sick over the holidays.  I don't think anyone went to hospital but she was complaining of fever and chills.  She is in the PNW.

Respected Contributor

So sorry. Psychologically it’s a downer along with the physical aspects. We plan, anticipate, and want to share with family and friends and then find ourselves laid up. I share your pain. Christmas gathering with family went pretty well Saturday but Sunday was short-lived and remainder of time in bed. DD retuned home and got sick there. Food in refrigerator but no desire to eat. Flu apparently rampant now.
Honored Contributor

Oh @LoriMI, I'm so sorry you had to get sick right during the holidays! I hope you were able to enjoy the day and didn't suffer horribly on the trip.

There is never a good time to be sick, but when you are trying to spend quality time with friends and family, it just is so disappointing.

Hope you are feeling so much better now.

Trusted Contributor

@LoriMI

So sorry you were so sick! What an awful way to remember the 2017 holiday season. 🙁 hope your 2018 starts off healthy and that it is full of good times and many blessings. Happy New Year 🌠

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I'm in the PNW, too, and my husband came down with the flu about a week ago. He got a flu shot, but the strain wasn't included in the vaccine.

He's slowly getting better, but he had chills and a 103 fever. The nurse said a lot of people are getting sick.

His flu was confirmed by a lab test, and the doctor prescribed Tamiflu.

I just hoping I don't get sick!