Trusted Contributor

Holiday gift exchange idea- Yankee swap

Someone here had asked recently about ideas for a gift exchange for work. I saw these poster ideas on Good Morning America Deals and Steals this morning.

There are scratch off posters with the item hidden or exposed. For example, I ordered the movie poster. You scratch off the movie you have seen to expose the item in color. There are other posters where you don't know what the item is until you scratch it off.

Am-azon has a bunch of these posters, too. I'm going to do the movie poster with some micrwave popcorn and some candy for my office party. The poster was only $12.50 with the GMA deal, more expensive on Am-azon.

P1-MovieScratch-1.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Holiday gift exchange idea- Yankee swap

@LdyBugz

I don't understand, you scratch off and see what item? What is the significance of the item and why do you need to see it?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624For this movie poster, after you watch one of the movies listed, you scratch off the covering to expose the item in color. It's sort of a check-off list. See pic below.

There are other posters where the item is fully covered and you can't see what the item is until you scratch it off, like you do with lottery scratch tickets.

P1-MovieScratch-5.jpg

Honored Contributor

@LdyBugz

Okay, I guess.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624LOL! You're not obligated to like the idea! 😀 Just throwing the idea out there.

Valued Contributor

I don't see the point of this.

Esteemed Contributor

I took it as it turns into a more interesting and colorful poster once all is revealed.

Interesting concept and actually a cool idea! Something my thirty something kids would love.

Trusted Contributor

@geegerbee. It's just a way to track the movies you've seen, a bucket list sort of.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSalwrote:

I took it as it turns into a more interesting and colorful poster once all is revealed.

Interesting concept and actually a cool idea! Something my thirty something kids would love.

If QVC is trying to attract younger customers, maybe they should be selling it!! Certainly is of no interest to tis 70+ year old!

Trusted Contributor

@LindaSal. Yes! Exactly! Thank you! 😀