Honored Contributor

Re: Holiday decorating turned into 2 days of "cleaning & donating"....

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

My plan for today was to get the fall decor packed away. I have so much more than I ever did (it was only one small box just a few short years ago), and I really love my fall things, so much so, I hate to put them away. 

But, since we really had no fall weather, just went from 90 degrees down into the 30's and 40's ( and sooo much rain and light snows), we never got the outside cleanup of leaves completed (much done early in October, but several trees were not down till November). So, since we had weather near 50 degrees, and no rain, we spent the day raking and hauling leaves (and my knees, shoulders and back feel like it!!). 

So any kind of fall tear down and Christmas decorating is put off yet another day!

@Mominohio  When the weather is nice, outside I go.  Yesterday, I was beginning to take down Fall in the kitchen, but wanted the tree brought upstairs.  I sent DH outside to rake leaves while I prepared the spot for the tree.  It will take several more days to pack Fall, only got the florals done yesterday, then I will decorate the island first as I know what I want to do, but as for the rest, this is the first year I have no clue.  Usually, it is a gingerbread display, but I was thinking something else, so who knows what I will come up with.

I will say it is good exercise going back and forth removing items from their cabinets and taking them where they will be displayed, and packing things, I was walking all day and had a good cardio going, lol.