Respected Contributor

Re: HolidWeay Shopping 🔼🔽 Dollars Spent

We have a Christmas club fund and spent it all.  Bought presents for the same people I always do.  I am sending out gifts for those who usually come but not this year.   We are keeping it very low key but still having Christmas.  Decorated as much as always.

I do think I spent too much on me lately.  

Gifts are purchased, wrapped and shipped out.

Respected Contributor

Re: Holiday Shopping 🔼🔽 Dollars Spent

I've spent less on gifts.  My daughter usually has a long list but this year maybe 5-8 things.  My husband and I scaled way back for each other this year and remodeled our powder room and got new living room sofa and chairs.  Also spent less on Thanksgiving dinner.  We usually would have traveled twice in 2020 but, of course, that didn't happen. 

Honored Contributor

No increase or decrease here. We don’t exchange gifts and we don’t need any new Christmas decorations. We have donated more to charities this year, because of the need many have as a result of the pandemic. 

Honored Contributor

I spent as I usually do.  I don't have to work, and doubt I will be through the winter.

Esteemed Contributor

I spent more this year. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think I spent more this year.  I'm not a big online shopper so I found it very difficult.  I got so fed up I just bought and probably paid more because I ran out of patience searching.  I found that unless you have some idea of what you want it is almost impossible. Not to mention that I am not happy with many of the gifts I bought.  Give me the store shopping experience any day.  Maybe next year.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been shopping more this season, than in most seasons past. It has been a serious distraction, and enjoyable outlet from all of the madness of 2020. I normally hug my pennies, but this year, penny hugging has been reserved until AFTER the holidays.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor

Spent less this year.

I have a small family.  I purchased the same for them.   

Where I spent less this year was for friends.  Usually in December (Saturdays or Sundays) I attend about four separate Christmas luncheons with friends.  We meet for lunch and exchange presents.  I purchase gifts typically for about 8 - 10 people.  We meet usually at "nice" restaurants.  I would say I typically spend about $25 per person, plus the cost for the lunch - so it gets rather expensive.   This year all of the luncheons were cancelled.

Honored Contributor

I put money back each week for Christmas....we never over spend and we spend the same amount on each person every year.

Covid made no difference to us as far a spending for Christmas.

Honored Contributor

There's only a few folks I exchange gifts with (sis, brother and a few friends) and the gifts are mostly donations to a favorite charity and a few gift cards ----thats it---so I spent about the same....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”