Valued Contributor

Holiday Shopping 🔼🔽 Dollars Spent

Depending on which article you think is accurate. Holiday shopping will be down from last year anywhere between 10%-40%.

We spent less this year but have fewer presents to purchase.

What are your thoughts? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Holiday Shopping 🔼🔽 Dollars Spent

I'm hanging onto my cash until this Covid thing is done and gone

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Contributor

i have spent just asmuch but thankfully covid has not affectedme financially.alot of people .have been affected and are scaling down

Respected Contributor

I spent about the same on gifts, more on shipping/postage, and less on travel.  I spent much less on holiday decor and food.

Honored Contributor

we have spent about the same as last year.

luckily, we own an "essential business" and really only had one bad month......back in may......otherwise, we have been pretty steady with customers. we could do even better if we did not have issues finding a couple of reliable employees. we get lots of applications, but nothing goes further than an in person interview.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Theyre expecting huge sales for Cyber Monday.  Hope they're not depending on me.  Maybe I should call someone and warn them?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I stopped all Christmas gifts for this year ... hopefully everything will be back to normal next year 🎅🏻🤶🎄🌲

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I only shop for my mother who is 1900 miles from me. Her birthday is January 1st, so this is crunch time with all my other expenses. I shop on-line, billed to me, and have everything sent to her. I'll spend about the same amount of $$$.

Trusted Contributor

We spent the same as last year but have not been affected financially from Covid.

Honored Contributor

We spend about the same every year and our financial situation is steady.

I suspect since there are people hurting because they are not working, the free food lines are long, the government programs are running out and people are about to get evicted, many people will not have money to spend.

Many retailers are going to take a beating as well. Spending will be down..by a lot.