Respected Contributor

Re: Holiday Pyrex storage now available

@Mominohio wrote:

I also bought quite a few Pyrex 100th Anniversary pieces at very cheap prices (these bowls, pie plate, measuring cups etc.) and will sell them in a few years as they become more desirable. People were already getting good money on Ebay for them, but I'm going to hold out a bit.

I have tons of lock and lock too, but I never heat in it. I use it for dry storage and in the fridge for produce and things. Sometimes in the freezer too. 

I just love these bowls. Perfect size to send a meal or soup up to my mom or to work with husband. I especially love that they are made in USA!

@Mominohio

I think it was about 2 years ago Costco had sets of the 100th Anniversary measuring cups at a very good price. For some reason I  just love measuring stuff, especially glass, so I bought two sets. Well, would you believe that the first set I used, the measuring marks started coming off in the dishwasher?!! I ask you, what good is a measuring cup without marks? LOL! So I got rid of that set and started using the second set. I have used them for quite some time now and have had no problems. Maybe it was just a badly manufactured batch. I hope you do not have the same problem.

I would love to get some of the holiday Pyrex but I just have no need for them. I do like to use glass for some leftovers storage but I use Snapware for that purpose and have plenty of those.

Esteemed Contributor

I hope at least some of you waited on your purchasing—I just got a notification that the Pyrex website is having a buy one, get one 50% off sale on its open stock pieces. Go! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

I hope at least some of you waited on your purchasing—I just got a notification that the Pyrex website is having a buy one, get one 50% off sale on its open stock pieces. Go! Smiley Very Happy

@loriqvc

c r a p !

Super Contributor

@classic wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@classic wrote:

@Mominohio

I couldn't get those Pyrex bowls you posted out of my mind.. So I went to their website & I have eight pieces in my cart..

Even though I have a ton of lock n lock;  ( for my use & many new ones to have in case I need to give a gift ) & I do use them frequently, but I'm trying to get away from plastic containers & going back to good old basic glass storage ..

I'm so very happy you posted these bowls.. Thank You, but my wallet isn't going to be too happy., LOL 

@classic

My order came yesterday, I ordered 11 of them, some to give away at Christmas with cookies.

I dont' want to go down in the basement where I store these and count what it there! Too many! I rotate mine for seasons like I do a lot of other dishware.

I also bought quite a few Pyrex 100th Anniversary pieces at very cheap prices (these bowls, pie plate, measuring cups etc.) and will sell them in a few years as they become more desirable. People were already getting good money on Ebay for them, but I'm going to hold out a bit.

I have tons of lock and lock too, but I never heat in it. I use it for dry storage and in the fridge for produce and things. Sometimes in the freezer too. 

I just love these bowls. Perfect size to send a meal or soup up to my mom or to work with husband. I especially love that they are made in USA!

@Mominohio

You're the best!! .... I also love the fact they are made in the GOOD  OLE USA..

I too don't heat up anything in the lock n lock.. I store cold foods in them; cut onions, coffee, some cold cuts & then I store my craft items in them & other household items..

What I do use also are the Ball canning jars, i.e. rice & other odds and end.. Did you know that the lid from the grated Parmesan cheese fits the Ball regular mouth jars..

On the Pyrex, thanks to you, now I know they have a website; they said my first order I could get a discount.. I didn't know Pyrex were collectible.. As of now I have nine pieces in my cart.. I just wish they had more rectangle designs instead of the round ones.. I love the fact they have different color lids; white & blue can get boring.

Anyway, thanks again for this eye opening post & thanks for letting my wallet becoming empty.. Hahaheee 😉😅LOL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!! 

P.S. when I get my order, I'll let you know.. Ciao!!

@Mominohio

I finally placed an order yesterday.. I was the last person to call in & I got 30% off & free shipping.... I ordered 11 pieces also.. I'm sure my daughters will take some of them.. Thanks again for the post..

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio

thank you for posting these adorable dishes. They are perfect for gift giving candies and cookies. 

Esteemed Contributor

Just in case anyone is interested, all decorated Pyrex storage pieces are 15% off for today only on the Pyrexware website if you enter the code SALE15...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I said I wasn't going to buy any more because of storage issues, but I ended up getting one candy cane bowl, one sweater bowl, one hedgehog bowl and the 7 cup gingerbread village.

And I even got a Halloween ghosty fright night bowl that I thought was just an ok design. lol

Smiley Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

Well, I said I wasn't going to buy anymore because of storage issues, but I ended up getting one candy cane bowl, one sweater bowl, one hedgehog bowl and the 7 cup gingerbread village.

And I even got a Halloween ghosty fright night bowl that I thought was just an ok design. lol

Smiley Frustrated

@Daisy Sunflower - That sweater bowl is very cute! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Everything on the Pyrexware.com site is on sale for 20% off today—just use the code SAVE20 when checking out. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have some gingerbread bowls. They are larger than many of the other ones I own. I love them. I want the ones with candy on them now. I must keep the collection going. Heart