Frequent Contributor

Re: Holiday Peeps - I'm bored...

One year for Christmas I purchased movie gift cards (this was back when we had a Blockbuster) got a microwave bucket of popcorn (also from Blockbuster) and filled it with assorted boxed candy put crinkle paper in the bottom, put the candies and gift cards in it and wrapped it with unique gift wrap and gave them as gifts to my kids teachers, mailman, aunts and uncles and other relatives.  Maybe you could do something like that but with Netflix gift cards?  If they even have those?  It would be cute to wrap a popcorn bucket filled with candy and microwave popcorn with a super soft blanket so they could enjoy a "movie night in." 

Or if you have a realtive that likes to read - you could get a tote bag from your local bookstore and fill it with a gift card, assorted teas or coffees and some slipper socks or fuzzy socks (Joann always has a great selection of them at holiday time).  Then they could "snuggle" up with a good book.

Or one year I purchased a poinsettia plant from our local nursery and got some plant card holders (the plastic sticks that come in a floral arrangement) and put a variety of gifts cards in the plant in colored envelopes and gave that as a gift.  I thought it was better than just giving gift cards and they got to enjoy the poinsettia for a long time after Christmas.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@xxojewels wrote:

Bored and I'm always down to talk holiday with people. 

As anyone bought anything yet for gifts or decor? Smiley Happy

@xxojewels, I have usually bought a couple of gifts by now, but not this year.  It's been kind of an off year I guess.  

Respected Contributor

I've been dealing with some health issues so I haven't bought anything for Christmas 2018.  Usually, I pick up a few things after Christmas for the following year, but I didn't do any shopping in January this year.  I hope CIJ has some good ideas that I can use for gifts.

Esteemed Contributor

I decided last year to change up the tree in the family room this year.....I am going to make it a little rustic  with red and black plaid ribbon....

I am on the hunt for a few ornament ideas for it too . 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snowpuppy wrote:

I posted this elsewhere but I bought two 5" square glass votives from Libbey glass. Dirt cheap, $10 for both. These are big, meant for large candles. 

I found someone on Etsy who will etch glass on your own items. Saw some really cute designs and the cost is $7 per design. I already have a few 4" pillar candles.

So for about $12 ea + shipping for the etching I'll begin my venture into fall/holiday decorating.

Totally original, not mass produced. 

--------------------------------

Along the same line  --  last year HSN offered some really nice, mason jar type of containers.   You could have a holiday greeting and name etched in.  Were not too costly either!   Came in groups of three...I bought and filled with green/red M & M's...made a nice gift!!  Don't know if they will be offered this year....

Valued Contributor

Glad I'm not the only person getting excited for Christmas in July Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@MandyG06 wrote:

@MandyG06

You are not alone!!!

Don't recall you joining in our CIJ discussions in the past, but keep with us during July. We have a blast here, and people share such great ideas and information. 

Contributor

@qshpr89 I love those ideas! So thoughtful and fun! I want to be on your Christmas list!😀❤️

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@MandyG06 wrote:

@MandyG06

You are not alone!!!

Don't recall you joining in our CIJ discussions in the past, but keep with us during July. We have a blast here, and people share such great ideas and information. 

@Mominohio

I agree totally with you!  This is the BEST place to be during CIJ.  We have so much fun together.  These ladies are the BEST.  This forum board is filled with laughter and happiness during CIJ.

Valued Contributor

I'll admit I'm bored too.  I just scrolled through the entire Christmas decor inventory on .com, watched a couple Valerie videos and got that holiday feeling!  I didn't buy anything because I'm still sorting through the stuff I bought last year.  I didn't even use half of it!  I had to settle for adding a few things to my wish list -- my idea of window shopping!  Can't wait to see what Valerie brings us for Christmas 2018 Smiley Surprised)