IMG_0075.JPG

You_Doodle_2016-11-21T02_36_01Z.jpg

IMG_0076.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

Honored Contributor

Re: Holiday Home Photos - 2016

@RazorSharp

Stunning, as always!

Do I remember correctly that you moved this year? If so, do I see you using grey on the walls and in the curtains again?

I think that provides the perfect backdrop (along with the white trim) for the silver and white you put together. It is certainly the most finished and put together look I've seen anyone post here. And I think I'm attracted to it because it gives nod to the 1940's when silver decor was popular. I've seen a number of old pictures/movies from that era, that featured silver. Something so elegant and stately about it. I especially am attracted to the wrapping paper from that era, and have noticed a lot of silver there as well.

I like how you don't compromise the theme. You've chosen and stay true to it. I simply cannot do it. I find things I love, and I have to make them fit somewhere so I develop different styles/color schemes for different areas of the house. I just don't have the willpower to stay true to the theme like you do. I bow to the master! LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@RazorSharp

Stunning, as always!

Do I remember correctly that you moved this year? If so, do I see you using grey on the walls and in the curtains again?

I think that provides the perfect backdrop (along with the white trim) for the silver and white you put together. It is certainly the most finished and put together look I've seen anyone post here. And I think I'm attracted to it because it gives nod to the 1940's when silver decor was popular. I've seen a number of old pictures/movies from that era, that featured silver. Something so elegant and stately about it. I especially am attracted to the wrapping paper from that era, and have noticed a lot of silver there as well.

I like how you don't compromise the theme. You've chosen and stay true to it. I simply cannot do it. I find things I love, and I have to make them fit somewhere so I develop different styles/color schemes for different areas of the house. I just don't have the willpower to stay true to the theme like you do. I bow to the master! LOL

@Mominohio Thank you for the compliments. I appreciate it. I didn't move this year, but I've been contemplating buying a new home for a while now.  There is a very specific neighborhood that I want to live in, and I'm hoping that the right house goes up for sale.  Most of the homes there are mid century modern and on a lake as well (it's called Lakewood Village in North Little Rock).  I'm always keeping my eye out.  I hope your decorating is going well!

Trusted Contributor

Cozy corner.  I found the silver bay leaf wreath at Home Goods and added some white bay leaf picks to brighten it up.  

IMG_0081.JPG

Super Contributor

Wow..... I bet this is pretty in the evening with the lights low and the glow of the

fireplace !  Very elegant ~

Respected Contributor

It's all simply stunning.  Love your fireplace too.

Super Contributor

Wow! Your home is stunning! Thank you for sharing the photos. May I ask the height of the tallest of the silver Pottery Barn trees? They have the same or similar ones offered this year and I was planning to add a few to my collection.

Super Contributor

Fabulous! I love how you incorporated the Mercury glass snowman. You've inspired me ... Back to Home Goods I go. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Zsazsa wrote:

Wow! Your home is stunning! Thank you for sharing the photos. May I ask the height of the tallest of the silver Pottery Barn trees? They have the same or similar ones offered this year and I was planning to add a few to my collection.

@Zsazsa Thanks, I'm glad you like it.  The  tall tree is 17.5 inches tall.  I didn't see them in the store when I went recently, but they are up for sale on the PB website.  

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

Here are some more:

IMG_0075.JPG

You_Doodle_2016-11-21T02_36_01Z.jpg

IMG_0076.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

@RazorSharp  The snowman display is gorgeous!  He looks wonderful! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy