Honored Contributor

Re: Holiday Decorating. Why do we do it?

[ Edited ]

@LIG1 wrote:

https___scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net_v_t1.0-9_20476483_657566754446324_7417519865187616523_n.jpg_oh=332dca2e00c7336cdb2b643120dbe566&oe=5A27D425

Just had to share this pix~ 💛

@LIG1  Lovely pic! Ahhhh...thanks for posting it Smiley Happy

I enjoy Fall but it's reminds me winter will be right around the corner. I only wish it went from Christmas to March 1st. The older I get the less I like winter...LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise~ I'm one that could easily live year round with just fall http___www.picgifs.com_smileys_smileys-and-emoticons_autumn_smileys-autumn-736582.gifand winter.

Like you though, I'm probably going to have a change of heart in just a few short years. lol

ETA~ just an FYI...there's a good sale on through tonight at G.Road, it's the perfect time to pickup the Finley Hill things that I wanted. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@LIG1 wrote:

https___scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net_v_t1.0-9_20476483_657566754446324_7417519865187616523_n.jpg_oh=332dca2e00c7336cdb2b643120dbe566&oe=5A27D425

Just had to share this pix~ 💛

@LIG1  Lovely pic! Ahhhh...thanks for posting it Smiley Happy

I enjoy Fall but it's reminds me winter will be right around the corner. I only wish it went from Christmas to March 1st. The older I get the less I like winter...LOL

I feel the same way about Fall.......winter is right behind it.  I love snow for Christmas and New Year, but then would like to jump right to Spring.  Crazy, wishful thinking Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LIG1 wrote:

@Susan Louise~ I'm one that could easily live year round with just fall http___www.picgifs.com_smileys_smileys-and-emoticons_autumn_smileys-autumn-736582.gifand winter.

Like you though, I'm probably going to have a change of heart in just a few short years. lol

ETA~ just an FYI...there's a good sale on through tonight at G.Road, it's the perfect time to pickup the Finley Hill things that I wanted. 

@LIG1 I have just grown to hate being cooped up in the winter. I may have developed that SAD condition too. Then on top of that I broke my leg in 2007 when I was shoveling our driveway before DH came home from work that day. Ever since then, I am very skidderish when it comes to ice/snow. I never broke a bone before that incident.

Thanks for the HU about Finley Hill. I won't be getting anything since the set of 5 candle rings and wreath I got a few years ago will last the rest of my life...it is high quality.

Now if someone wants to hand me a winning lottery ticket so we can have the home of my dreams...well, alrighty then. I'll order a set of those high rise candlesticks in the gold finish  Smiley Very Happy  LOL

Respected Contributor

I decorate for the joy of it. I also decorate for myself and then I let my friends and family enjoy. Decorating, for me, is as natural as breathing. I love it. 

Honored Contributor

@Julie928To answer your question, I believe that decorating for holidays makes us feel good.  Everything is so festive.  Now my fall decorating is sparse but I do enjoy Christmas decorating but I even cut that down a tad.  I always had a live tree but 4 years ago changed to an artificial tree from Pottery Barn w/lights and battery operated (burlap is wrapped around the container).  I live in apt. for seniors and I always have a wreath on my door, candles, mercury glass decos, I place artificial greens that are sprayed with white snow around a round mirror in the living room and place little glass bead garland hanging from it.  Sometimes I add tiny red and green ornaments (it actually is pretty).  I usually have some decos in the kitchen.  I love to decorate but the storing became a problem so I did remove some decos not from the above.  We have a cleaning lady for our building and she puts up a 8 ft. tree in our lounge on the 1st floor and other decorations throughout the building and floor.  There are 3 floors.  Cat Very Happy  Ho! Ho! Ho!

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Your decorating style sounds wonderful!  I hope you will share photos sometime.  I am a fairy girl myself and love all things nature.

Valued Contributor

This is so beautiful that it brought tears to my eyes.  I love your tradition of lighting the candle in the kitchen window.

Valued Contributor

I do it because I like to honor the aspects of each season, and enjoy them to the fullest.  

Honored Contributor

@Glittergal wrote:

I do it because I like to honor the aspects of each season, and enjoy them to the fullest.  

@Glittergal  I love your nic, also love glitter!