Trusted Contributor

Re: Hobby Lobby has fall/Halloween out......

@MathisFan wrote:

Well, I did it. Went to my local HL yesterday.  They had some pretty fall items but I noticed they were also stocking Christmas ribbon.  You guessed it. I bought 3 rolls!    Couldn't help myself. I always seem to wait too long and the patterns I want sell out.   So I bought them even though they were full price.

@MathisFan I haven't visited my HL store yet....maybe Friday after work. Can't believe your store had any Christmas items already. Glad you got the ribbon you wanted tho. Gotta get those things when you see themWoman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo  Miss you guys too.  Been so busy at work.  Hoping things slow down a bit during the summer.  Plus gotta make  plenty of time for CIJ.   P1 doesn't have too much stuff on the website yet, but I was so surprised to see it. Of course, I had to take a quick look.  Nothing too tempting yet, but I'm sure its coming. Can't wait to see how CIJ shapes up.  We all have to be good this year.

@MTH  Haven't we said that before?  We bring out the shopper in each other and then we are all bad.  P1 usually brings out their best stuff a little later it seems after I've already gone over my limit.  Our store closed so I order online but with FS and codes it works for me.

Hope your work slows down so you can enjoy the CIJ shows.  You need to be relaxed to make the best choices.  A little, emphasis on little, wine and chocolate will help too.  Remember, if you drink too much, you'll have packages arriving that you don't remember buying.  lol

@lucymo I will be making time for CIJ. That's for sure. I love to watch even if there isn't something I'd necessarily buy.  I think someone mentioned JS and I hope they have him on more often this year.  He has lots of new items on his website and maybe the Q will have some better prices and/or easy pay.  That's one thing I may not be able to resist.  As for the wine and chocolate....what CIJ would be complete without it??   Since I'm in South Florida, I may have to turn the a/c down super low and switch to hot chocolateWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

I went to a Hobby Lobby and was SHOCKED to see Thanksgiving and autumn/fall stuff out already.  While can certainly understand having fall CRAFT stuff out already to get it done in time for fall....BUT was surprised to see home decor fall items displayed for sale.  In addition, there were a lot sale signs on merchandise ranging from 40% to 60% off.

This Hobby Lobby is located in a small mall which I don't know how it remains in business....the only shoppers I see are in Hobby Lobby and a Target located around the corner of he mall, the lower level is trade schools and doctor/dentist offices. A lot of the retail stores have closed (Joann's, Bath & Body Works etc, a linen store etc etc) So seeing all that I was concerned that perhaps they decided to close this Hobby Lobby.....so I even asked a Manager, "why is all the fall stuff out already, are you thinking of closing this store because of the location?"  He told me know that sales are good and that they just wanted to stay a step ahead of the seasons.....I told him I was glad because that Hobby Lobby is my favorite---it seems to have a little bit more of everything than their other stores.   I left feeling relieved and happy....Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Well, I ordered a brand new cute shed just to store my holiday decorations!

It wlll have a small porch where I can sit and organize and play with my "stuff"!

I plan to organize things by season and will try to purge as I place things in there.

I am so excited I can't stand it!! Now I can hit HL to see what new things they have out!

Regular Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

My HL always puts their Christmas stuff out in July.  I always figured that they did it so early because it takes a long time to get everything in its proper place.  I make a mental note of what I want and make my purchases as soon as they have their first sale.  Stuff sells out quickly, so I make sure to get in there early.

I completely agree with you. I am a firm believer in buying seasonal stuff when it comes out and you see it because it will be gone later. My hubby sometimes doesn't understand that.

Super Contributor

I was in Michael's yesterday and was surprised to see a very small section of fall decorations! I didn't see any fall craft supplies.