Honored Contributor

Re: Hobby Lobby, Old Time Pottery & More Oh My🎄🎄🎅🏻

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 

Well that's your prerogative no need to bash HL.  

@homedecor1 

Gee, I don't know ... is it "bashing" if it's true?   As @jackthebear  said, it's best to google.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

That company isn't really who they represent themselves to be.  Their actions overseas don't match their so-called "values".   I wouldn't set foot in that store for anything.

@Tinkrbl44  I agree.  It is usually those spouting "values" that are guilty of something.

For anyone interested into where your money is going, there is a wealth of information if you google.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 

Well that's your prerogative no need to bash HL.  

@homedecor1 

Gee, I don't know ... is it "bashing" if it's true?   As @jackthebear  said, it's best to google.

@Tinkrbl44 

I'm not feeding into the negativity these comments are bringing to this post. Thank you.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1  I have to mention that my hubby found a glitter globe in Hobby Lobby that is like an old-time television set with the rabbit ears on the top. He bought it and was just delighted with it. He will put it in his study.

I was so happy that he found something that reminded him of being a little boy again.

Thank you so much for such a happy post. It is so appreciated!!! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

@homedecor1  I have to mention that my hubby found a glitter globe in Hobby Lobby that is like an old-time television set with the rabbit ears on the top. He bought it and was just delighted with it. He will put it in his study.

I was so happy that he found something that reminded him of being a little boy again.

Thank you so much for such a happy post. It is so appreciated!!! Smiley Happy

My hubby was just saying how he loved those bubble Christmas lights when he was a little boy . I ordered a small set from Amazo and I am going to put them on a small tree for him in the den. I thought that would be a nice surprise....

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma   He will love them.

My husband actually constructed a tree from metal and made a Christmas tree with bubble lights many years ago. We still have it in the attic. I had forgotten about it...thanks for the reminder! 

May have to take it down and put it up this year. Yay! Smiley Very Happy

Super Contributor

My values do not align with those of the owners of Hobby Lobby.  I exercise my right to NOT shop there, and take my business elsewhere.

As a privately-held company, they are exercising their rights in the same manner.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If there's a HL thread and you dont like the company why not skip the thread....Some people are very naive to think that ALL retailers dont have something that the company's owners or executives do or dont do that clash with an individual's personal philosophies/issues/beliefs.........(Yep Tinkerbell Im talking your Disney----Im very offended by their recent rhetoric)

I find it a bit hypocrital how some knock HL, but the fact is have you explored other company's who you do business with???? Perhaps some whose merchandise primarily comes from China where there is much mistreatment of citizens and workers, they have no rights, but you think nothing about purchasing products from them...OR .....a company whose CEO or other Execs have had serious harrassment allegations yet you buy from them???....Or a discount chain with extremely low wages????...Or unsuitable conditions for warehouse workers with ya know Im talkin "the big "A".....WHERE'S THE PROTESTS????----JUST ASKING..........🤔

And if your a sports fan, is your owner as pure as new fallen snow?????

Yep, a wealth of information IF the google site is true and trustworthy too...(dont just blindly accept what you read on social media)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Love, Love, Love, Hobby Lobby and Old Time Pottery....wonderful merchandise.....Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I intend on going to Hobby Lobby next week. As far as the company itself....it all depends on where you get your information from.  What's reliable information to  one person, may not be reliable information to another. 

I'm hoping to find some pretty christmas bulbs as I have decided not to put lights on my tree this year.  It, for me, is a dreaded job and I am not good at it. I can always put lights elsewhere.