Honored Contributor

Hobby Lobby Christmas Decorations Out 7/312019

I was in the store yesterday and they had the Christmas trees up and lit and were just starting to put out the picks and ornaments while I was there.

They didn't have a lot of Halloween stuff, just a lot of Fall.  I bought a bunch of blue/green fall stuff since I painted my house last Winter.  All my orange and brown won't really go with the new color scheme.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Re: Hobby Lobby Christmas Decorations Out 7/312019

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I was in the store yesterday and they had the Christmas trees up and lit and were just starting to put out the picks and ornaments while I was there.

They didn't have a lot of Halloween stuff, just a lot of Fall.  I bought a bunch of blue/green fall stuff since I painted my house last Winter.  All my orange and brown won't really go with the new color scheme.

Great excuse to buy new stuff!

Honored Contributor

When I was growing up, the tree in the Walnut Room was lit the day after Thanksgiving in Marshall Field's store.  All Christmas shopping started on that Friday too.  Now it's late July and August for Christmas which is totally ridiculous.  People forget what the holiday is all about and now it is strictly commercial.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I liked this pumpkin the most.

Pumpkin.jpg

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35, love that pumpkin.

I can understand holiday items being out at craft stores because craft fairs are going to be starting soon.  At least around here.  

Someone told me Christmas stuff is out at Home Goods and At Home as well.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

When I was growing up, the tree in the Walnut Room was lit the day after Thanksgiving in Marshall Field's store.  All Christmas shopping started on that Friday too.  Now it's late July and August for Christmas which is totally ridiculous.  People forget what the holiday is all about and now it is strictly commercial.

@Katcat1 @It is different but it is still Christmas and for each of it is different because it is what we want it to be and what we make it.

Each of decide what we do, participate in and what we focus on and think about. Christmas is different from the 1930’s and different from 1950. Celebrations change as the world changes

when I was a kid most women didn’t work and family was in town. Today most of us couldn’t be ready without a good head start. I don’t know how people can’t understand that. We mostly have more, do more, and live very differently. I am thankful for all the advantages and opportunities available but all of us have to decide how to use them and how it fits into the life we want. So have Christmas each of us as we see fit

Honored Contributor

Just to clarify, I was not complaining about it, I was stating it for those who (a) shop Hobby Lobby and (b) like seeing what's out there no matter what day it is.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I'd be ok with the Fall stuff.  I don't have young children so I do Halloween.  Last year, I wanted some new Fall stuff but they weren't offering much, it was all tacky/silly Halloween stuff.  There's a Hobby Lobby not too far from me but it's a small one.

Honored Contributor

At our Hobby Lobbies both Fall and SOME Christmas stuff has been out since June...I don't mind because this allows me to budget for my two favorite seasons and gives me hope for cooler weather ahead....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”