Respected Contributor

Re: Hobby Lobby 5-26-2018 - Harvest has arrived

Yes, saw fall and Christmas on Friday. What a surprise.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35

WOW!!! OMG!!! --- in MAY!!!

download (1).jpg

I remember last year they put it out in July...but MAY that seems a tad early.... July makes more sense in Texas because schools open here in mid-August, I know teachers who start decorating their classrooms in July so they are ready when school starts......  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio

I agree with you.  Often, if you wait for the season to buy, the "good stuff" is all gone.  I'm certainly not rushing the seasons either but if I see something that I like then I have learned to buy it early and then I will have it when I want.  Also, crafters must start early to finish projects in time.  I started making a quilted wall hanging (with scarecrows and pumpkins) last summer and didn't finish it.  Hopefully, I will this year! 

I certainly don't need any fall decor because I have quite a bit but last year I kicked myself for not buying the fall harvest spheres that Valerie sells and this year I will be stalking them!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My experience at Hobby Lobby is that the products are purchased then crafted into decor. If so - esp. if your buying to make enough to take to a craft show etc. you need to start early to get it all done in time for late summer events. Summer is when crafters are buying their fall items!

Personally I am about half way thru making a fall quilted table runner. I bought the fabrics last summer.

Honored Contributor

I understand why they do this, but as a person who has been waiting and waiting for warmer weather and sunshine:

NO-O-O-O!!! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

This wasn't craft stuff, it was decor.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Occasional Contributor

I have always been an Autumn person. 
I love when it's really really hot to walk into HL because they keep it like an ice box in there. And to look at the fall decor...it just brings back good memories. 

And alot of people don't like having Fall/Christmas stuff out before July. But I actually asked the question to people 1 day working at a retail store. And surprising ALOT of people start making gifts and some people keep trees up year round. And like to get certain type of ornaments before they are sold out. 

*Be a pineapple: stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside*
Trusted Contributor

@xxojewels

I love fall as well; it is my favorite time of the year and we have several family events in the fall as well as our anniversary.  So I look forward to seeing the fall crafts and decor too.  

I don't post on the boards often but I see that you are a new poster- so welcome!!

Occasional Contributor

Thanks!

*Be a pineapple: stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside*
Honored Contributor

@conlt wrote:

I am headed to RI next week. My nephew said it was hot but you need a sweatshirt at night. I grew up in New England but have been in Florida for 38 years. Last year when I went up to NE it was 90 degrees and I thought I would die. No air conditioning in my sisters house, they open the windows of the car. In Florida we have the AC on all of the time, in the car and house except for a few short times in the winter when I have to put the heat on. I do live in NE Florida and it does freeze here. I guess I am so used to A/C that being in RI in the heat really got to me. 

@conlt . That sounds awful!  I'm in southeastern PA and it gets hot & humid.  It's just not as relentless as in Fl. My mom in Fl has the ac on all the time too.

As for no ac in a car...I didn't think you could buy one without it today.  Remember when air conditioning in a car was an expensive luxury?