Occasional Contributor

Help - Valerie par hill illuminated present

Valerie par hill illuminated present

hi, I am visually impaired and need help. I purchased from Valerie par hill the beautiful eliminated present with a bow on it. I turned it over so that I could put batteries in it, but I can't find how to open the bottom to do so. Any help you can provide me with the greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Re: Help - Valerie par hill illuminated present

[ Edited ]

I don't have this item but...There's usually a lever across from the on off switch, just push it in, lift & the battery cover should come off...to get the cover back on there are nubs on the cover that go into slots, they can take a little effort to line up but once they're in the cover will snap back in place. I'm not great at describing things so help this helps @cinnibar. Be well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Is this what you purchased?

Looking at the bottom of the gift box, there will be a cover over where the batteries go.  Somewhere around that cover is a clip that you pull out to release the cover.  Maybe you can feel for it.  

If you purchased the box in the photo above, the cover is round, but there's no photo of the bottom. 

The hurricane was offered at the same time as the gift box.  See photo below of the bottom.  The gift box is the same on the bottom.  

The clip is near the bottom below the printing.  Difficult to see I know.  The black switch is for turning the light on.   

Maybe, a magnifying glass would help you locate it.  

To put the cover back might be a bit tricky for you.  There are two little extensions on the cover that fit into slots in the box.  Slide those in then press the cover until you hear or feel it click.  

Occasional Contributor

Thank you both so very much! With your assistance I was able to find the clip that you were referring to that is on the bottom of the box. I was finally able to open it and I am going to put batteries in it so I can finally enjoy it! I also see how the battery piece goes back on with your detailed information. I didn't even see this clip until you brought it to my attention as it is white on white which made it difficult for me to see it.   Thank you again so very much for your help!!!  May you both have a happy and safe holiday season!