Contributor

Re: Help! Metal Pumpkin Carriage by Valerie

@151949 wrote:

OP, If it isn't broken in any way I don't understand why your complaining about it.

@151949. Well if your okay paying full price plus shipping and handling from company who can’t at least make sure the packaging materials are clean and the product itself is clean then good for you. In my post I also stating no tag was attached and the base to where the candle should be placed is dusty. So to me it seems like it’s a return. It’s my money so I can complain if I want.  You do you! And yes I’ve addressed it with customer service. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CoToni

I am so sorry to hear about your purchase..... It is so frustrating.  QVC hosts and vendors make it sound like quality is #1....but I have found that's not always the case.....makeup on clothing, someone left  a pack of gum and pack of kleenex in a handbag (definitely a return). 

And yes Valeries items have been hit or miss too---- I ordered the frosted glass candle holders with words, there were actual thumb prints and finger prints embedded in the glass, and on some Christmas ornaments----chunks of glue, on a sisel bunny----the ear came off......

QVC's quality isnt what it used to be--- I think things changed when items started being shipped sometimes from the manufacturer instead of QVC, OR maybe a problem with items packed/shipped from QVC.....OR some of the manufacturers or employees simply dont seem to care! Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@CoToni wrote:

@151949 wrote:

OP, If it isn't broken in any way I don't understand why your complaining about it.

@151949. Well if your okay paying full price plus shipping and handling from company who can’t at least make sure the packaging materials are clean and the product itself is clean then good for you. In my post I also stating no tag was attached and the base to where the candle should be placed is dusty. So to me it seems like it’s a return. It’s my money so I can complain if I want.  You do you! And yes I’ve addressed it with customer service. 

Huge mountain out of a molehill. So what if it is a return. Hate to bring you into the real world but when you go to brick & mortar stores they sell you returned stuff all the time. Big whoop - you had to dust it !!

Respected Contributor

@CoToni, I'd suggest doing yourself a favor and ignore the "numbers" poster; seems she has to have the last word.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@CoToni

I am so sorry to hear about your purchase..... It is so frustrating.  QVC hosts and vendors make it sound like quality is #1....but I have found that's not always the case.....makeup on clothing, someone left  a pack of gum and pack of kleenex in a handbag (definitely a return). 

And yes Valeries items have been hit or miss too---- I ordered the frosted glass candle holders with words, there were actual thumb prints and finger prints embedded in the glass, on some Christmas ornaments----chunks of glue, on a sisel bunny----the ear came off......

QVC's quality isnt what it used to be--- I think things changed when items started being shipped sometimes from the manufacturer instead of QVC, OR maybe a problem with items packed/shipped from QVC.....OR some of the manufacturers or employees simply dont seem to care! Woman Frustrated

@Spurt, wow, the fingerprints were embedded in the glass?  I hope you contacted CS to let them know.  

I agree with your last paragraph, too.  Years ago, it seems that the QC was much better.  While VPH has some very cute things, the only way we can see/feel/touch them is to pay the S&H and hope they are what was advertised.  It gets tiring to re-package the items to return, and running to the po.  Then you have to keep a watchful eye on your credit card.  

Honored Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@CoToni

And yes Valeries items have been hit or miss too---- I ordered the frosted glass candle holders with words, there were actual thumb prints and finger prints embedded in the glass, on some Christmas ornaments----chunks of glue, on a sisel bunny----the ear came off......

@Spurt, wow, the fingerprints were embedded in the glass?  I hope you contacted CS to let them know.  

I agree with your last paragraph, too.  Years ago, it seems that the QC was much better.  While VPH has some very cute things, the only way we can see/feel/touch them is to pay the S&H and hope they are what was advertised.  It gets tiring to re-package the items to return, and running to the po.  Then you have to keep a watchful eye on your credit card.  

@HisElk1

Those finger prints were just inexcusable!---Thankfully I contacted CS and didnt have to pay to return it since it.was defective... 

I have USPS pick up my returns, if the item is defective I contact CS and QVC picks up the return postage and I also get my original postage refunded too....

I always use this method and pay the higher return fee if an item isnt defective and go ahead and use the QVC return label, the difference isnt worth the extra time, travel and gas going to the PO.......

But like you said, it gets tiresome and frustrating when its hit or miss on quality....which causes me to make less purchases from VPH and QVC and instead I buy more locally!!!  And I make sure I leave a review too!   I have good experiences from Plow & Hearth, Jim Shore, Linea,  Or Paz, Carolyn Pollack, Lock N Lock, Kuhn Rikon knives, Ryka.....The rest I really have to comparison shop and really think whether its unique enough to take a chance on a QVC purchase.  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”