Respected Contributor

I purchased this adorable bear during the CIJ and when it arrived I fell in love...I purchased to give as a gift but realized these bears are collectibles and not toys to play with.  I may have to request an intervention because I love stuffed animals...

User submitted photo

Esteemed Contributor

Aww, that is certainly a precious little bear!

Honored Contributor

@GAQShopr53

I am hooked also, absolutely

http://www.commentnation.com/comments/100_percent_cute_pink_purple_glitter_text.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@GAQShopr53  I hope you plan to enjoy your bear and not tuck it away somewhere worrying about decreasing the value.  Dolls and stuffed animals rarely command enough money on the collector's market to warrant the original owner depriving themselves of the beauty and fun of the "toy".  These items may be classed as collectibles, but they are still toys which should be loved and touched.  

Honored Contributor

So cute!

I had quite a few bears back in the day, but scaled back to just a few that I work into certain vignettes throughout the year. 

I never 'collected' bears for their future value, many I found second hand for super cheap and only liked the ones that looked antique. 

There is just something about their charm that evokes memories and warm feelings. 

My son, when little, loved stuffed animals, and we bought him some relatively expensive ones over the years. He played with them extensively. Some are quite tattered with love, others still pristine, but we saved many, for him to pass down to his children some day. 

They definitely were made to either be displayed or played with. I agree that to simply tuck them away seems such a shame. But I will say, if people from the past didn't tuck things away for decades upon decades, we wouldn't have so many nice antiques. So whatever you decide to do with your bear (keep, give, store, display) I hope it continues to bring smiles and pleasure.

Trusted Contributor

@GAQShopr53, OMG IS THAT A CHARLIE BEAR ???

I love her, she is adorable....keep her yes, just a sweety to look at !

Great presentation in the box just to add.

Respected Contributor

I do not need to buy a bear, I do not need to buy a bear, I do not need......

Honored Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

I purchased this adorable bear during the CIJ and when it arrived I fell in love...I purchased to give as a gift but realized these bears are collectibles and not toys to play with.  I may have to request an intervention because I love stuffed animals...

User submitted photo

@GAQShopr53  So do I love stuffed animals.  I have large Steiff and Boyd's Bears collections, not to mention all sorts of others, and still have my first teddy bear which went to kindergarten with me, and a few others from childhood.  

Your new bear has a very cute face. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Awwwwww! SO CUTE! We have the same love of bears. She's adorable!

Respected Contributor

@GAQShopr53  How cute is that?! Adorable.