Trusted Contributor

Re: Have you done any Fall Decorating yet?

@Tennesseegal  - Sorry I just read your post.  I got the silver pheasant at Target, last year I think.  I checked their website but it is no longer available.

Frequent Contributor

@Regal Bee  Just want to say that your decor is stunning -- elegant and charming.  (that's what I'm always aiming for but feel I miss the mark) 

Frequent Contributor

@Oznell, thanks.  Sounds like you grew up in a creative household!  In my mind's eye I can see your incorporation of mid-century into that cottage/traditional, with the most stylish of results.  

I have a lot of palm trees around my apartment -- South Florida does approximate that tropical cote d'azur ambience.  Keeping the French theme intact, I've also got some Parisian flavor too -- several Eiffel Towers of various sizes scattered about, with some white and black poodle figurines, too.  I like to think the latter looks whimsically chic, lol.

The reason I'm drawn to British Colonial is because I love that mix of formality with relaxed "island" style.  Works for me.  I also have a fondness for "retro Polynesian" with all the "kitsch" that goes with it -- tiki torches and the like, into which mid-century modern dovetails perfectly.  

But back to France -- I like to watch movies set in that area of the world just to see the interior designs.  I could watch "Bonjour Tristesse" for many reasons, but the main one is the vacation home of David Niven and daughter Jean Seberg.  Oh, my!

Honored Contributor

Yes, and yes, @antiquarian!  It is amazing how movie interiors can inhabit our imaginations...

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

So true, @Oznell 

I want to do my seasonal decorating in:  Monty Woolley's tiny attic nook in "The Bishop's Wife", the mid-century Malibu pad in "Goodbye Charlie", the Hollywood apartment from "Susan Slept Here", Gene Tierney's cottage in "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir", I could go on and on, lol.

Respected Contributor

@antiquarian wrote:

@Regal Bee  Just want to say that your decor is stunning -- elegant and charming.  (that's what I'm always aiming for but feel I miss the mark) 

@antiquarian   Thank you....you are so sweet.

I bet you don't miss the mark at all. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

@Regal Bee  I appreciate your kind comments.  I love to get inspired by all you lovely creative people.  Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Started putting a few things on mantel but still have a lot of Heartwood Creek items still in my tub. Not feeling involved with family health drama.

Valued Contributor

Not really.  I put a fall centerpiece on my table and that will be it this year.  We will be gone for much of October on a cruise so I won't do much fall decorating.  I never did a whole lot anyway but I do have a few things.  I've tried to simplify things and not get carried away.

Honored Contributor

Not yet, but soon. Even though it’s warm, the leaves are falling. Will get some mums this weekend.