Respected Contributor

Re: Have you done any Fall Decorating yet?

@mousiegirl wrote:

Today, it was cold, grey, and windy, this before the 80's and 90's hit for all of October, so I spent the day arranging vases of faux florals, not finished as I am waiting on some glass vase filler to hold the stems better in place.  Took some time to remove labels and tags, lol.

Is that water outside the window or sky?

@mousiegirl I would love to have a cold, grey day.  We sometimes have a break from the heat in early October for a day or so, but continue to have warm weather into November.  In answer to your question...water.

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

Today, it was cold, grey, and windy, this before the 80's and 90's hit for all of October, so I spent the day arranging vases of faux florals, not finished as I am waiting on some glass vase filler to hold the stems better in place.  Took some time to remove labels and tags, lol.

@mousiegirl I would love to have a cold, grey day.  We sometimes have a break from the heat in early October for a day or so, but continue to have warm weather into November.  In answer to your question...water.

@Marsha2003   WOW, water!  I have always loved the beach, went often when DD was younger so she could paddle surf, think that is what it is called when one doesn't stand up.  I have never slept as well as I have when somewhere listening to the waves as I drifted off.

The sun is back today, with wind, hate wind, but coming up will be constant 80's until near the end of October, usually is cool in October, so will see.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Marsha2003   WOW, water!  I have always loved the beach, went often when DD was younger so she could paddle surf, think that is what it is called when one doesn't stand up.  I have never slept as well as I have when somewhere listening to the waves as I drifted off.

The sun is back today, with wind, hate wind, but coming up will be constant 80's until near the end of October, usually is cool in October, so will see.

@mousiegirl Sadly, I'm too far away to hear the surf.  I have to rely on Alexa skills for that. 🙂

Valued Contributor

Yes, I s tarted on Labor Day.  Couldn't wait any longer  We had a couple cool  fall-like days but they were just  a tease since it's getting hot again.  I did my mantle with a fall wreath hanging above and some faux sunflowers and other fall flowers along with the glass Valerie votives in pumpkin which I just received from the Q.  They are huge and gorgeous and I paired them up with my chocolate luminara candles.  I will decorate the doors and outside probably next weekend.  

Respected Contributor

@Lattelvr wrote:

Yes, I s tarted on Labor Day.  Couldn't wait any longer  We had a couple cool  fall-like days but they were just  a tease since it's getting hot again.  I did my mantle with a fall wreath hanging above and some faux sunflowers and other fall flowers along with the glass Valerie votives in pumpkin which I just received from the Q.  They are huge and gorgeous and I paired them up with my chocolate luminara candles.  I will decorate the doors and outside probably next weekend.  

@Lattelvr Sounds lovely.  Any pictures you are willing to share?

Honored Contributor

My fall decorating consists of removing the summer arrangements.  I try to skip over fall unless I can do deep pinks, burgandys, creams, and greens.  I wait for Christmas and my handmade Santas

Honored Contributor

Update - I moved all those hideous faux mums to my back patio and bought real ones for the porch pots.  I always hesitate to do that, because my house is where flowers come to die - it's too hot and sunny.  I'm going to try my best to keep them alive.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Update - I moved all those hideous faux mums to my back patio and bought real ones for the porch pots.  I always hesitate to do that, because my house is where flowers come to die - it's too hot and sunny.  I'm going to try my best to keep them alive.

@house_cat I didn't think the faux mums were so bad.  I'm wishing you good luck in keeping real ones alive in this heat.

Contributor

I really want to,  but I don’t enjoy it when it’s still 90 degrees!

Trusted Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@DecorDiva wrote:

I started but only finished the living room.  This year I embraced the black and white check motif.  In my other rooms I will use the traditional colors.

fall 2019 2.jpg

fall 2019.jpg

@DecorDiva It's nice to change up the color scheme, isn't it?  I embraced the ivory/pale green/grey items for my living room this year.  Since it stays hot here for several more weeks, I'm enjoying the cooler and paler colors.

@DecorDiva 

Very pretty!  Where did you get your pheasants?