Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,190
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Have a Wonderful Holiday Weekend 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

[ Edited ]

Thank you to those who served for our freedoms we enjoy today!

 

Heres what our temps look like for next 10 days🔥🔥🔥. No plans this weekend except to relax & enjoy pool. 

 

Just had to share my flamingo is showing her "patriotic" colors🇺🇸

 

May you all have a have a safe holiday weekend!🇺🇸🇺🇸🙂🙂

 

🇺🇸🇺🇸🙂9B97BAA6-6762-49BB-B353-A6165DC0F992.jpeg

Honored Contributor
Posts: 64,240
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Have a Wonderful Holiday Weekend 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

@homedecor1.  You enjoy your hot, humid weather but I prefer my cooler but very dry days.  Unseasonably cool here.

 

20190523_223625.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,527
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Have a Wonderful Holiday Weekend 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

As a reminder...Veterans Day in November is for honoring those who served. Memorial Day is to honor and remember those who served and died.

 

Remember the fallen.

 

I’ve already cringed when someone wished me a “Happy Memorial Day.”

*********************
Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,522
Registered: ‎01-10-2013

Re: Have a Wonderful Holiday Weekend 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/57/ed/c2/57edc2e2441fc65bbd8050237d3ac144--happy-memorial-day-long-weekend.jpg

Valued Contributor
Posts: 794
Registered: ‎05-25-2016

Re: Have a Wonderful Holiday Weekend 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

It is hot where you are, @homedecor1!  We should be in the low 70s this weekend. Husband and I will go to the Memorial Day parade and service at one of our local cemeteries on Monday, and then have family over for a cookout, cornhole, and basketball. 

 

Love your flamingo! 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,208
Registered: ‎09-22-2017

Re: Have a Wonderful Holiday Weekend 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

@homedecor1 Cute flamingo. Here is another mailbox cover from

my collection.20190524_153657.jpg

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,208
Registered: ‎09-22-2017

Re: Have a Wonderful Holiday Weekend 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸


@esmerelda wrote:

As a reminder...Veterans Day in November is for honoring those who served. Memorial Day is to honor and remember those who served and died.

 

Remember the fallen.

 

I’ve already cringed when someone wished me a “Happy Memorial Day.”

 

@esmerelda It is still said even on the Q just the other day during a food 

show, the vendor told the host to have a happy Memorial Day. 

People don't clearly know the meaning sometimes, it is sad.


Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,234
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Have a Wonderful Holiday Weekend 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Thank you. Our temps will be all over the place. 80's Saturday, 70's Sunday and 60's Monday. Rain chances are low. I'm glad it will be cooler Monday because I remember being in the school marching band and those uniforms were unbearably hot!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,974
Registered: ‎05-01-2010

Re: Have a Wonderful Holiday Weekend 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸


@threecees wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

As a reminder...Veterans Day in November is for honoring those who served. Memorial Day is to honor and remember those who served and died.

 

Remember the fallen.

 

I’ve already cringed when someone wished me a “Happy Memorial Day.”

 

@esmerelda It is still said even on the Q just the other day during a food 

show, the vendor told the host to have a happy Memorial Day. 

People don't clearly know the meaning sometimes, it is sad.



@threecees. People do know the meaning. Since this country has made it all about the beginning of summer parties and barbecue celebrations, the ‘Happy Memorial Day’ is drummed in to everyone. 

We could have a day of mourning and Church going instead but I don’t see that happening. And I don’t really think that would be what the mourned souls would want anyway. I wouldn’t. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,208
Registered: ‎09-22-2017

Re: Have a Wonderful Holiday Weekend 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸


@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@threecees wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

As a reminder...Veterans Day in November is for honoring those who served. Memorial Day is to honor and remember those who served and died.

 

Remember the fallen.

 

I’ve already cringed when someone wished me a “Happy Memorial Day.”

 

@esmerelda It is still said even on the Q just the other day during a food 

show, the vendor told the host to have a happy Memorial Day. 

People don't clearly know the meaning sometimes, it is sad.



@threecees. People do know the meaning. Since this country has made it all about the beginning of summer parties and barbecue celebrations, the ‘Happy Memorial Day’ is drummed in to everyone. 

We could have a day of mourning and Church going instead but I don’t see that happening. And I don’t really think that would be what the mourned souls would want anyway. I wouldn’t. 


@proudlyfromNJ  I said sometimes in my post. Why do you always jump on 

people?  No, it is not a holiday that you say Happy Memorial Day. Maybe you

do, I don't.