Honored Contributor

Re: Have a Wonderful Holiday Weekend 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

@esmerelda 

I (We) certainly know the meaning of Memorial Day as I am a niece to a dear uncle killed in the war.  And yes, Veterans Day is extra special to me as it is my father's bday (in heaven) and he served in the Navy WWII along with his brothers.

Therefore, most of us do not need a history lesson! If my greeting to enjoy the holiday weekend offended you then I would have preferred you passed it over.

And yes, again I will wish everyone a safe & enjoyable Memorial Day weekend🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear this...geez...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

I'll be home end of next week and will be enjoying Spring like weather"😉only to be in low 70s and rainy...at least this is what I hear.

Much better there!

Honored Contributor

@threecees 

I put this one out as it will take me thru summer.  I clearly remember getting the American Flag but goodness knows where I put it during house remodel🙄

So I got this one...watch I'll find it at Halloween🙃 then again I could use this thru Fall.

7E87DC96-70E5-4935-8BCD-868A661EDF14.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1  That is beautiful. 

I just bought a new ladybug cover, but didn't put it on yet. I have so much

fun with them. They make me smileSmiley Happy

Enjoy your holiday.🇱🇷

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@esmerelda 

I (We) certainly know the meaning of Memorial Day as I am a niece to a dear uncle killed in the war.  And yes, Veterans Day is extra special to me as it is my father's bday (in heaven) and he served in the Navy WWII along with his brothers.

Therefore, most of us do not need a history lesson! If my greeting to enjoy the holiday weekend offended you then I would have preferred you passed it over.

And yes, again I will wish everyone a safe & enjoyable Memorial Day weekend🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

@homedecor1  If you were not looking to be offended, you could have thought to yourself, “she didn’t quote me. She’s probably not talking to me because I know what Memorial Day is.”

There was no history lesson in my post. But as far as “most of us” not needing a history lesson is concerned, it would be more accurate to say a bare majority of us...only 55% according to a recent poll...know why Memorial Day is observed. Note I didn’t say “celebrated.”

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@esmerelda 

@homedecor1  If you were not looking to be offended, you could have thought to yourself, “she didn’t quote me. She’s probably not talking to me because I know what Memorial Day is.”

There was no history lesson in my post. But as far as “most of us” not needing a history lesson is concerned, it would be more accurate to say a bare majority of us...only 55% according to a recent poll...know why Memorial Day is observed. Note I didn’t say “celebrated.”

@esmerelda 

I'm not debating perhaps "history lesson" was wrong choice of words.

I certainly did not feel offended but was making a point most Americans of a certain age group do know the "true" reason for Memorial day & for the record, our family did celebrate Memorial Day with many wonderful memories of a special uncle who gave his life to fight for the freedoms we have (as many have thru the years).   

Not to be disrespectful to your feelings but Please let it go -- each of us is individual in our interpretations 

based of course, what we've learned thru our lives.

Tomorrow I am going to a dedication & prayer service for the boulevard in our community renamed "Veterans Boulevard". 

These veterans service will never be forgotten

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1  Oh, you did feel offended alright. 

You. Don't. Get it.  It's not about feelings or "interpretations."  It's about SACRIFICE.  Even the Q banner has it wrong.  Guess they're in the 45% who don't understand the reason for the day.

Now you can mention your late uncle again (I'm grateful for his SACRIFICE) and have the last word. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda 

@esmerelda wrote:

@homedecor1  Oh, you did feel offended alright. 

You. Don't. Get it.  It's not about feelings or "interpretations."  It's about SACRIFICE.  Even the Q banner has it wrong.  Guess they're in the 45% who don't understand the reason for the day.

Now you can mention your late uncle again (I'm grateful for his SACRIFICE) and have the last word. 

@esmerelda 

SMH  🙄