Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Begun Your Holiday Shopping?

@ECBG wrote:

@mousiegirl 

Get her a box of homemade treasures from River Street Sweets of Savannah, Ga.  These handmade candies are unequaled! (and individually wrapped!).

@ECBG   These candies look lethal, lol, decadent, but I will make a note and look at what is offered. Smiley Happy

Actually, she loves truffles so DH gives her a box every Christmas.  

Honored Contributor

Food will be the main thing I shop for this year. Both sides of our family stopped exchanging gifts. I will buy food for my mom, and the traditional Hallmark ornament for my adult nephew.
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I don't buy for many people any more, so my list is not very long. I never really shopped until after Thanksgiving in the past.  I loved going to all the stores and browing and getting ideas for the perfect gifts for people.  With the virus, I no longer feel comfortable running all over the place and truthfully, I don't even think the selection is there any more.  Plus, I can only wear the mask for a short period of time.

As a result of all of the above, I started over a month ago, purchasing most things on line.  I did buy a few things for DH in a couple of local stores, and I am nearly done with him.  I have to get a few stocking stuffers.  I also have to purchase some gift cards and lottery tickets, and then, I'm basically done!

@AngelPuppy1   I remember the years of shopping in the San Francisco department stores, millions of people, and though hectic, it was fun.  It is not the same any longer, and I don't even go to a mall anymore, so am content with shopping online for practically everything.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@ECBG   I am finished shopping.  I buy for DD throughout the year.  She loves candles, so I bought enough A Careful Giver candles at zulily to last her all year, as they last a long time.  I always buy ornaments and practical items she can use.

Every Christmas I give her a throw.  She lives in a snowy area, so she can use them, this year will be a Snoopy throw.  She is getting some Luminara candles that I bought a few years or so ago that I don't use, and some fun items.

DH and I don't  gift any longer except when he was going to the office, he would get new ties every year.  When DD is here he gets more.  He gives me See's Candy Rum Nougats, wouldn't be Christmas without those.

@mousiegirl 

OH!  I have to show you THE prettiest candle holder I ordered from Etsy!  Very pretty as well as unique!!!

From Vasecandle.  You get your choice of fragerences.  This is not a little piece.  A little smaller than a volleyball.

It looks so pretty on my 150 yr old coffee table.Smiley Happy

Hyacinth Vase Candle Set  2 Candle Refills  Clear Satin image 0

Honored Contributor

@ECBG  Oh that candy looks good. My dad is still alive and he'd love something like that. I'll keep it in mind. I've heard a lot of people around his age saying if we can't eat it we don't need it lol. My in laws are both still alive as well. They're almost 90.

I don't do a lot of gift buying anymore. I give my grown kids money and their birthdays are around the holidays so they do get gifts. I usually buy them small gifts for Christmas as well. We have quite a few siblings but don't exchange with them or their kids. We're not all in the same states anyway. You sound like such a sweet mother in law. What a blessing that is and one I wouldn't know about. I know I sound awful but it is what it is. We're not in the same state so I don't have to deal with her much.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@ECBG  Oh that candy looks good. My dad is still alive and he'd love something like that. I'll keep it in mind. I've heard a lot of people around his age saying if we can't eat it we don't need it lol. My in laws are both still alive as well. They're almost 90.

I don't do a lot of gift buying anymore. I give my grown kids money and their birthdays are around the holidays so they do get gifts. I usually buy them small gifts for Christmas as well. We have quite a few siblings but don't exchange with them or their kids. We're not all in the same states anyway. You sound like such a sweet mother in law. What a blessing that is and one I wouldn't know about. I know I sound awful but it is what it is. We're not in the same state so I don't have to deal with her much.

@colliemom4 

Thank you for the lovely compliment. 

If you need gifts, I have tasted so many things from companies and having had so many Foods, and Advanced Foods labs, I can assure you that the family at River Streets Sweets has the best everything, all individually wrapped!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@ECBG   I am finished shopping.  I buy for DD throughout the year.  She loves candles, so I bought enough A Careful Giver candles at zulily to last her all year, as they last a long time.  I always buy ornaments and practical items she can use.

Every Christmas I give her a throw.  She lives in a snowy area, so she can use them, this year will be a Snoopy throw.  She is getting some Luminara candles that I bought a few years or so ago that I don't use, and some fun items.

DH and I don't  gift any longer except when he was going to the office, he would get new ties every year.  When DD is here he gets more.  He gives me See's Candy Rum Nougats, wouldn't be Christmas without those.

@mousiegirl 

OH!  I have to show you THE prettiest candle holder I ordered from Etsy!  Very pretty as well as unique!!!

From Vasecandle.  You get your choice of fragerences.  This is not a little piece.  A little smaller than a volleyball.

@ECBG   Beautiful!   I love uniquely shaped vases and bowls.  What's with the bulbs?

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@colliemom4 

Thank you for the lovely compliment. 

If you need gifts, I have tasted so many things from companies and having had so many Foods, and Advanced Foods labs, I can assure you that the family at River Streets Sweets has the best everything, all individually wrapped!Smiley Happy

@ECBG  Thank you. I have heard about this candy company before. My sister was married to someone from the South Carolina Georgia area and I believe that's how I heard about it. My dad has a major sweet tooth. So does my husband. I may order some for us for the holidays lol. I haven't had anything like that in a long time and it certainly sounds good. There was a candy store near me and they closed it down. I have ordered my dad cakes before but I can't recall the name of the place they were from. I do know he loved them. He needs to eat more regular food. He's in good health but thin.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl 

@ECBG   Beautiful!   I love uniquely shaped vases and bowls.  What's with the bulbs?

@mousiegirl 

That's one of the candle scents they offer.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@colliemom4   I had a nice MIL, but we only saw each other every four-five years, DH visited her more often.  She lived to be 99.