Respected Contributor

Re: Hasn't Christmas in July on Q Been a Wonderful Escape?!

I am like you, will be glad when CIJ is over. My heart just isn't into it this time of year. I love everything about Christmas when the season is here. Oh, I could skip the snow this year. It was a bad winter here all winter. 

Esteemed Contributor

Goes back to the 1950's.

I used to live in a waterfront community and the boats would parade with holiday lights in July.

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

@NicksmomESQ 

Why here Holiday thread to complain, go enjoy your parties and BBQ's?  You surely do not need to be watcing anything right?

Valued Contributor

I enjoyed the little bit of programming that I got to see.  I didn't order anything this year.  At least, not yet.

I'm redoing one of my trees this year and I enjoyed receiving a little inspiration from the programming. 

I was also inspired to buy my Christmas cards.  I send out a ton and I'll address the envelopes in my spare time, probably before Halloween.  It's a real time saver for me.

I am crazy busy during the holidays.  I host parties in my home, I have two grandkids who have birthdays in December, I host Thanksgiving at my house, and I help out at various charity functions.

I am amazed by all the people who can ignore Christmas until December and still put their holidays together.  I would have no time to relax and enjoy the festivities if I did that.

Leave Christmas in July to those of us who need the early planning jump start.  It's not here to annoy you.  It's here to help us.

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy CIJ, mostly Valerie's stuff.  I need more decor like I need a hole in the head.  I finally caved and got Valerie's TSV in silver.  Hope I like it.  I liked the fact that it was a plug in so I could save on batteries.

Esteemed Contributor

@ripka junkie  This is a board where everyone’s opinions are welcome. We are all friends here.You can disagree without getting snippy.

Valued Contributor

@NicksmomESQ  I am sorry,  I thought you were being snippy!

Esteemed Contributor

I have a great collection of films and favorite TV shows that I DVR-ed. I turn to them when I want to escape the news. My mental health depends on it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ripka junkie  I did not complain.I stated my opinion as I often do.I never go after anyone personally for not agreeing with me.

Honored Contributor

Escape from what?  I'd have enjoyed it more if it had been snowing during the presentation.