Trusted Contributor

Re: Hasn't Christmas in July on Q Been a Wonderful Escape?!

[ Edited ]

I agree with you.  It was in the mid 90s outside today, so it was a great day to kick back and relax in an air conditioned room while going back and forth between the CIJ Hallmark Channel movies and the Q's CIJ programming. 🎅🎄😊

Trusted Contributor

Only watched a little; looked through the items presented; happy there were no toy shows!!!!!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@Tinker Toy wrote:

SORRY BUT HAVING CHRISTMAS DAILY FOR A MONTH MAKES ME ILL.  I LOVE CHRISTMAS BUT IN DECEMBER.  IT IS A SPECIAL HOIDAY, FUN CELEBRATION, FAMILY BUT A TIME TO BE THANKFUL.  QVC ONLY LOOKS AT IY FOR THE  $$

Is it going to be daily???   Ugh -- that is overkill.

Trusted Contributor

It was wonderful to watch but I had to really use self control because I've put a hold on my shopping channel purchases.  Oh, I had a hard time!

Honored Contributor

@Tinker Toy wrote:

SORRY BUT HAVING CHRISTMAS DAILY FOR A MONTH MAKES ME ILL.  I LOVE CHRISTMAS BUT IN DECEMBER.  IT IS A SPECIAL HOIDAY, FUN CELEBRATION, FAMILY BUT A TIME TO BE THANKFUL.  QVC ONLY LOOKS AT IY FOR THE  $$

I guess you will have to check the schedule, because the Christmas in July programming is far from a daily thing. There are a total of 5 days this month with this programming. Let's compare that to how many days will be all fashion/shoes/beauty/handbags (heck there are at least three of those in a row this week alone).

Regardless of how a business looks at it, people don't have to have it be all about the money. Those that participate here aren't making it about the money. They are making it about a love of a season, about the fun of sharing with people who enjoy the same things they do (holiday, decorating, celebrating). 

I really don't understand the people who are letting the programming on a shopping channel make them 'ill'. Why would anyone give that much power to something they can turn off, view selectively, or simply boycott? 

Our righteous indignation might be better channeled toward world peace, world hunger, or human rights, and not the scheduling of television shopping channels.

Respected Contributor

Actually, for me, no.  I would like to have December weather though lol.  I love Christmas and everything about it, but don't like Christmas in July and all the cheap looking stuff they were selling.  Looks no better than something from Dollar Store or Garden Ridge.

Honored Contributor

I didn't get to watch as much as I wanted.

Heat index here was over 100 degrees, and I needed to mow desperately, so I went out in two hour blocks (for a total of 6 hours) to get it done. Then had some unexpected company in the late evening. 

It was a very welcome relief to come in and cool down with the Christmas programming for a couple of hours, then head back out into the heat and work some more.

Looking forward to the big weekend event, hoping the weather breaks a little by then, and that I don't have to be outside working in the heat then too!

Respected Contributor

I really enjoyed it. It was fun to watch and I did watch a lot. I usually shop online these days and only watch in bits but I allowed myself to sit back and enjoy.

I thought the presentations were good and the sets were lovely....so serene and not overdone. The product line was great.

For those that don't like Christmas in July.....it is a problem that is easily solved...just don't watch. QVC is a business...it is not set up to be an entertainment channel. If CIJ were not profitable for this company or any other business, it would not exist.

The only problem I had was I wish they would turn on the lights in the Valerie shows. I really wanted to see the tips of the trees, the color and density of the branchs and so forth before ordering. I could see nothing but lights....finally just turned it off and went to my computer to order. 

All in all, it was delightful.

Frequent Contributor

@mnmom wrote:

@Tinker Toy wrote:

Is it going to be daily???   Ugh -- that is overkill.

@mnmom@Tinker Toy

It's 5 days this month. 5 days that a lot people look forward to and enjoy. Which is kind of the theme of this post. For people that enjoy CIJ!! Merry Christmas!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If it's your thing, enjoy it... I don't tend to watch, but I do take a quick look online and what I tend to see are the same types of items year in and year out, most of which do not represent my idea of appealing decor. There are a few exceptions, but overall, there's too much 'cute', too much kitsch and too many items that light up... Not remotely interested in toy or food items, especially when it's pretty much the same toy and food items over and over again... As is usually the case with this retailer, there tends to be a lack of any meaningful variety...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...