Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone started to decorate for Valentines Day?

Have a Valentine's flag out on the porch and some heart stickers for the patio door. Still have a wooden snowman on the front door, but that's appropriate since it is snowing out. The last week of January is supposed to be bitterly cold. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Two days after Christmas Walmart here was fully loaded with all the Valentines cards and so much stuff lol.  

I still have my snowmen around. I dont decorate for Valentines day!

Honored Contributor

I only do a wreath on my door and a few little hearts on my back slider -- I normally send my granddaughter a "goodie box" of holiday things BUT this year I couldn't find much.  She likes those window clings -- went to ever dollar tree, dollar general & craft stores ... none to be found.

But I was surprised to see in the stores lots of Christmas clearance still available.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't done anything this year yet, not sure if I will.  But in the past I've done this.DSC05083.JPG

Trusted Contributor

I usually don't decorate for valentines. But I made a wreath for the fireplace just for the fun of it. I had some not so Christmasy balls that I used with some hearts etc. I've just been going through a I love pink stage, so I did indulge myself. I might hang a valentine hand towel or dish cloth, but other than that I'm done. 

IMG_5477.JPG

Respected Contributor

@ladycos. Wow, that wreath looks like something you could buy on Etsy....very nice.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@panda1234

Thank you for the compliment. It’s my second try at making these. The heart shape was a little more difficult to make  than the round.  I really enjoy making them but I’m still practicing.  Too much Pinterest can be dangerous, lol. 

Happy valentines!

Honored Contributor

@ladycos you are very talented. I'd love to have a door wreath like yours.

Trusted Contributor

@AuntG

Awe, thank you. If  I lived close I would be glad to share. It's really not hard to make, believe me if it was, I couldn't make them.

I wish I had the patience to sew and make curtains, knit or the talent to paint. My mom seems to do a little bit of everything but I missed out on those talents.   I love anything crafty. But I like projects I can do in one day. 

Anyway sorry if I'm rambling, thanks and happy valentines !

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I have a Jim Shore angel, her wings drape around her and form a heart I put her on my coffee table along with a floral display of roses which match the color of the angels dress.....thats it for Valentine's..Day decor..💝 🌹

Jim Shore Blessed is Love in Bloom Angel Red Rose Valentine Day Figurine 4040538

@Spurt  Sweet, have never seen this angel.