Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone started to decorate for Valentines Day?

Here in Michigan, we've got a couple months+ with snowmen yet.

Valentine's Day is a very small piece of winter--not worth the trouble.

Esteemed Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

Here in Michigan, we've got a couple months+ with snowmen yet.

Valentine's Day is a very small piece of winter--not worth the trouble.

I'm Up North so I need the romance to keep me warm.😗

I still have red candles out from Christmas.  Maybe some red & white on the bed? I have a red velvet comforter I got just Christmas.

Why not put a few things out? Tongues will wag making it all the more fun!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a Jim Shore angel, her wings drape around her and form a heart I put her on my coffee table along with a floral display of roses which match the color of the angels dress.....thats it for Valentine's..Day decor..💝 🌹

Jim Shore Blessed is Love in Bloom Angel Red Rose Valentine Day Figurine 4040538

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Some years, in a nod to Valentine's Day, I leave a few red things out after Christmas.  Not this year though.  The only V Day decor is a couple vintage valentine postcards on the mantle.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@threecees

Your display is sweet....love the bears so cute Heart

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Danyone started to decorate for Valentines Day?

I don't decorate for every holiday, but pretty much just fall/harvest and Christmas... Otherwise, I might change out a few accessories to be more seasonal, but not holiday inspired...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Quick ? - did I miss your Christmas decor pics? 

I know you had a lot going on during Christmas but you know I love to see your beautiful decor pics.

Also, how did your clubhouse decorating project go? Bet it turned out beautiful!

❤️ day is the Perfect day to get engaged ❤️

Trusted Contributor

I'm glad you asked.  My husband and I purchased a wooden door heart saying Happy Valentine's Day at the Dollar Tree for you know what -- one dollar.  It has put me in an early mood for Valentine's Day.

Honored Contributor

As another poster said, I have my snowmen decor out. I have a set of snowmen dishes (actually have a set of dishes for every season and more) that are out and some snowmen figures. They will be put away the end of March or early April, depending on the weather.

My neighbor puts a Valentines wreath on her side door facing my house, so I can see that from my driveway.

Esteemed Contributor

I do usually use some red-themed dinnerware as we get close, and I have some really cute heart-themed dishes that get a bit more use.

Right now my coffee creamer and sugar bowl are heart-themed, as is the butter dish.  Though I use them throughout the year.  Red is a favorite color of mine, and ties nicely into a continuation of Christmas, anyway.  I have Christmas things around still - lots of little trees that light the early morning and nighttime.

Cogito ergo sum