Respected Contributor

Has anyone started to decorate for Valentines Day?

It is bare with the holiday decorations down, I started getting out Valentines stuff out. It will be here in 4 weeks and the stores are fully stocked.

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone started to decorate for Valentines Day?

My husband put a sparkle red heart on the back of my Baja Sun fat tire trike....

Honored Contributor

As soon as I took the Christmas decorations down, I put up a few Valentine's day things up.  I don't have a lot but I just couldn't stand it without anything.  Just looked so bare, sad and empty!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I don't decorate for that, but will love to see what people here do for the day.  I hope they do pictures.

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

As soon as I took the Christmas decorations down, I put up a few Valentine's day things up.  I don't have a lot but I just couldn't stand it without anything.  Just looked so bare, sad and empty!!! 

I agree @AngelPuppy1

Honored Contributor

I don't decorate for St. Patrick's or Valentine's Day. I don't ever see things that look like they would go with my decor, I especially don't like pink and purple in general. 

I would love to see what others are doing, so those that do decorate for those days, please post pictures. 

When my son was little I did a tiny bit of decorating for those days, but couldn't wait to get rid of the stuff when he was big enough to not notice anymore. I do still have a basket that is red with some hearts on it, and a tiny heart shaped candle and two little stuffed bears (one red and one white) that he got me over they years when he was little. I'll sometimes get those out a few days before Valentines and put them on the kitchen counter in a little display, simply because of the warm memories of him giving them to me when he was little.

Esteemed Contributor

My table was looking plain so I decorated a little last night.20190115_124852.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

How about a sweet treat for Valentines Day?20190115_131000.jpg

Honored Contributor

I don't decorate for Valentine's Day but while I was working, some years I'd pass out treats or candies to my immediate co-workers.

I did like doing that.

Image result for valentine treat

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Contributor

Danyone started to decorate for Valentines Day?

Love Valentines day but at my house it is pretty much dismissed.  DH was born and raised in New Orleans, which means after Christmas it's all about King Cake and Mardi Gras.