Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone put fall decorations out yet?

@TinyDove

This is simply stunning. 

And what I like best about it, is that to me it doesn't scream traditional orange pumpkin, apple picking, falling leaves, fall. 

It's graceful, elegant, and honestly while I see season change in it, I find it to be something that could just as easily be seasonless.

I will also note that sometimes using 'everthing Valerie' is just too much for my taste. I see it on facebook a lot, people who have purchased and created entire areas like this with just VPH merchandise, and it is just over done. I can honestly say that is so far from what you have created here. Just the right things, in just the right amount, arranged just the right way. 

Perfect!

Honored Contributor

@nomar wrote:

Last year I put mine out around this time and I actually got tired of it by Thanksgiving and I LOVE fall decorating. So this year I am doing as some have said, and gradually add in more fall and colors. I think this weekend I will start with fake pears, apples, nuts, and darker candle decor items and then switch out the fruit for pumpkins later, with leaves, etc. If I am feeling up to it, the Halloween (not scary stuff) will come out in early Oct. Just love everything about this time of year.

@nomar

I've had that happen as well. Decorate for something too early, and get tired of it. 

I almost never decorate for fall until right after Labor Day. I'm itching a bit to get on it this year, but I'm choosing to wait it out. I've started to remove the two patriotic vignettes I have and that has helped curb my desire for change for now!

Respected Contributor

@TinyDove

Wow -- your decorations are so classy and elegant.  I love the colors you chose.  I bet it is beautiful when the candles are lit.

I did put a bow on the top of my Candle Impressions lantern.  The ribbon is orange, rust and gold stripes and the other ribbon has fall colored leaves.  I just couldn't wait any longer. 

I still have my Kaleidoscope tree coming on in the evening, so I am sort of celebrating every upcoming holiday and it's not even Labor Day!  My husband has no problems with it all and I am happy and to me that is what counts.

I just love your display.  Thanks for sharing it with us.

Respected Contributor

It's still summer (and hot) in Michigan. Fall decorations would look insane.

Respected Contributor

What a beautiful display!! So classy and elegant. Love it!

I don’t know when I usually start to decorate for fall, sometime in September or October? Whatever weekend I have a good chance to do it. This year I was planning to start Labor Day weekend. However, I did receive some new fall decor items and may put them out sooner to get them out of the way and not have to store them for a few weeks.
Valued Contributor

@annespan I'm always burning my fall candles. Only ones I like... Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

NO, NO, NO!  It's still summer!

@TinyDove - Your display is absolutely beautiful. Those colors are my favorites. I'm saving all of the beautiful pictures everyone is posting until Labor Day weekend, when I'm feeling sad about losing DS to academia until Christmas break! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@TinyDove  Your display is lovely.....very soothing.

I decorate when I choose and I'm not dictated to by the calendar or what others do. It is your home and you should make these decisions for yourself. 

I have started a little........but have slowed to really think about some things. The fall season is long....three months and I'm not sure I want Fall in all my rooms for that long. So...I am making some changes this year.

Happy decorating!

Valued Contributor

I'm going to put up a few things today.  

We are losing the daylight quickly where I live.  It is getting darker noticeably earlier.  I tend to go by that rather than the calendar.  When I need extra lighting in the evenings, it is time for my fall decor.

Besides, I'm going on vacation tomorrow and I'd like to have some fresh decor to welcome me home upon my return.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Oostende wrote:

I'm going to put up a few things today.  

We are losing the daylight quickly where I live.  It is getting darker noticeably earlier.  I tend to go by that rather than the calendar.  When I need extra lighting in the evenings, it is time for my fall decor.

Besides, I'm going on vacation tomorrow and I'd like to have some fresh decor to welcome me home upon my return.  Smiley Happy

Hope you are going somewhere fun!  Have a great and safe trip.