Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone experienced serious quality issues with CIJ Decor figurines?

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

https://www.frontgate.com/holiday-decor/home-decor

@TheMemphisVette   There you go....if you're willing to pay an exorbitant amount for a decorative item, you can buy quality. I guess Valerie is a low budget operation.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Kind of glad I have not purchased anything with these quality reports. Anyway I have plenty of nice holiday decorations from days gone by to enjoy. Not really planning to purchase this year for many reasons.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SEGardener I am so sorry to hear that your purchases didn't turn out the way you had hoped.  It is such a let down to wait for the packages to arrive, only to be disappointed by the quality.   

Fortunately, I have been really happy with this year's Valerie purchases, but then again, I didn't buy any figurines so have not had any issues with glitter, chipping or paint.  

Also, I think most things I bought were carryovers from last year and had excellent reviews.  I bought the faux fur packages(H230561) , another set of the illuminated lamp post  (H216440), cedar picks with ornaments (H230545), and my favorite new pillow (H275341).  

Come to think of it .... it's a good thing that Christmas in July is ending!!!  I hadn't realized how many things I have bought.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SEGardener wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@SEGardener About a year ago I was briefly tempted to purchase one of her items but read so many posts about the bad quality of some stuff I took a pass.

Did you read the reviews of any of these items before you ordered?

No, because the reviews are typically thin and many complaints were about items received late last season, etc.  Based on what I saw presented I would have purchased even if I had read those reviews.  The serious quality issues are unacceptable.

Now most reviews aren't from QVC customers. When I've tried to ask a question or give a review they want me to choose a new nickname. They changed mine once without my knowledge and it's a mess even signing in to forums. People didn't know who I was!

The last item I kept that I should have returned was a hand painted manger scene by Valerie. It had glue and paint on the mirrored background, I had to file and repaint portions of it! The back of it isn't even painted. It wasn't cheap and that was several years ago. 
     I'd rather have one quality item that's more expensive than junk! I found a local upscale resale store that has many quality figurines around the holidays. I can see them before purchasing and no shipping!

📦  🧐 🤨 📦📤 $

Esteemed Contributor

I am always happy with Valerie's deer and have several sets of those.

I did receive one set that had broken antlers....and had to send it back.

Honored Contributor

SO very sorry.  I would email or call and tell them the item was misrepresented and get a refund with free shipping.

Honored Contributor

This past holiday season, I ordered a set of resin reindeer from VPH.   Although they came carefully packed in styrofoam, each one of them was broken.   So it seems, they had to have been broken before being placed into the styrofoam. 

no quality control.  

Frequent Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

@TheMemphisVette   There you go....if you're willing to pay an exorbitant amount for a decorative item, you can buy quality. I guess Valerie is a low budget operation.

Both Front Gate and QVC are owned by the Qurate Group and likely share much of the same merchandise in separate inventories.  I've shopped Frontgate and Ballards both and don't consider either one to be paradigms of quality. When I want top shelf quality I'll look to Nordstroms, Parachute, Pottery Barn and expect to pay much higher prices.  What I don't like is QVC claiming $74 merchandise on sale at $45 when it's not worth $10.  That's what I consider scamming.

Respected Contributor

@SEGardener wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

Both Front Gate and QVC are owned by the Qurate Group and likely share much of the same merchandise in separate inventories.  I've shopped Frontgate and Ballards both and don't consider either one to be paradigms of quality. When I want top shelf quality I'll look to Nordstroms, Parachute, Pottery Barn and expect to pay much higher prices.  What I don't like is QVC claiming $74 merchandise on sale at $45 when it's not worth $10.  That's what I consider scamming.

awesome........ so you already know where to shop that meets your needs

so glad, happy shopping!

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Contributor

I was just thinking the same thing when viewing VPH shows today - I always looked forward to Valerie's items - has gone down hill (no pun intended) for a couple of years  Either similar items or all cheap resin.  Some resin items are nice looking - but what they are pushing is downright below quality.  Valerie always had class items.  I don't find that to be true anymore.  (and, yes, the hosts are definitely pushing this stuff, big time)!