Respected Contributor

Re: Harry's back for CIJ!

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

On Instagram there is a new photo showing FOUR ceramic houses.  There is also a short video showing the octagonal GB house.

https://www.instagram.com/harryslatkin/?hl=en

I love the large gingerbread house.  I know I won't love the price, though!

@SHOPR

FOUR HOUSES?!?  How am I supposed to choose only one? 😳  Thanks for the picture.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marsha2003, LOL.  Fortunately for me, I'm only wishing for the large GB house.  Eight more days!

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Marsha2003, LOL.  Fortunately for me, I'm only wishing for the large GB house.  Eight more days!

@SHOPR, I really really want the "octagon" shaped house & I agree we won't like the price.  I made sure I am off that day.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR Unfortunately, I have a hard time not having the whole set.  I broke my addiction to the Slatkin luminaries when he left BBW and the new houses were too whimsical for my taste.  I was so proud of my control when I cancelled the last AD for the summer VPH lantern because it was too much of a resin-molded look without any bottle brush greens.  I guess I have a week to struggle and convince myself to choose only one of the houses...🤔  Maybe the price will freak me out and keep me from ordering any of them!🤑

Respected Contributor

I must confess... I have many of Harry's luminaries, candles, oils and animal holiday figurines with candles from BBW. I have many in the basement holiday storage area that are still in their original boxes. I won't be buying a thing from QVC and Harry Slatkin. I burn his candles still when I can (my stash is from when I got them for $5 each a 3 wick with the coupons I had many years ago and coupons on his luminaries). I hope these scents are one everyone loves and will enjoy.  I am glad he is back on QVC. 

Super Contributor

Usually his houses are reasonable..."Usually" . However when he left BBW, their luminaries went cray-cray in pricing and they became hard to get. That octagon house sure is eye-catching, hopefully the price is right. I think he is going to be 'the man of the hour" lol Smiley Happy.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for sharing those houses - I have a house from when he was with BBW and the designs (except for the octogon house) look similiar.  I have the "classic" one he sold a few years back.  I can't remember whether I purchased it from BBW or QVC though.  However, I do remember him selling white houses that look very similar to those pictured.  I'm sure they aren't the same, but with the beautiful one I already have, I don't feel the need to buy another (thankfully!).  I guess I'll be saving my $$$ for some of his other things.  I really want to try that set of 2 candles...

Respected Contributor

This man always appeared eccentric to me. Kind of high brow. I like his candles but can't warm up to him. He seems more like a socialite than a salesperson.

Frequent Contributor

There is an all day BACK TO FALL on Tues, Aug 8th & Harry has an "all new" show at 2pm

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vintagenoel Good to know.  Thanks.

Here's a picture of some, if not all, of Harry's past offerings since I know many of you have yours packed away.  Sorry for the blacked out areas...some weird function of the reduction software I used.

IMG_1471.JPG